Best practice running Windows 10 on XEN ?

Is there a best practice for running a Windows 10 VM ?
Have made a Windows 10 guest, but is extremly slow.
Have downloaded VMDP 2.5, but after installing this, the machine will hang on rebooting from inside the vm.

The RAM management of the operating system can be all over the place at times, leading to the virtual systems not performing well. Perhaps you can try to 1)allocate More Memory, CPU and Video Memory. 2)install guest additions. 3)switch Power Profile. 4)allow Hardware Acceleration. 5)allow VirtualBox Through Firewall

Xenserver Backup
VMware Backup

Another one that can bite people if the hypervisor’s being used for other things is doing thin disk provisioning with spinning disks. That especially but realistically anything that’s killing I/O on the hypervisor will strongly impact your VMs and you may notice it more on some than others.

Tnx,

1. Memory and CPU, check
  2. Power Profile, check
  3. Uninstalled VMDP and reinstalled. That did the trick.

Running on Xen, so do not know howto enable Hardware accelaration ?

What an interesting experiment. I didn’t think that running Windows 10 through Xen is possible, then I’ve found this thread. Did you actually do it? It seems that you had some issues with it. BTW, talking about Windows. I don’t have any, I use Linux with XEN. What do you think of using Windows 10 product key from Reddit for these purposes? I just don’t want to waste too much money on such experiments. I have a XEN and I want to try it, but I don’t want any extra spending, you know.

Yes still running several Windows 10 VM’s
If you just want to experiment, just install a VM without registring Windows.
If all works the way it should purchase a licence code afterwards.

Windows 10 is a set of best practices to follow when installing a Windows 10 guest on a Proxmox VE server 6. x. Right now it’s a work in progress.

If you are running a VM within a VM (nested virtualization), ensure that the host hypervisor supports and has nested virtualization enabled. Nested virtualization can impact performance, so it’s best to use it only for testing or development purposes.