Change Activation Key of already registered hosts

Hello, i’ve got the problem that 2 Servers are registered with the wrong Activation Key (they’re now registred as SLES12_SP4, should be SLES12_SP5). Is there a way to change them without having to bootstrap them again?

Thanks in advance for any tips or information.

[QUOTE=TheLulanius;59764]Hello, i’ve got the problem that 2 Servers are registered with the wrong Activation Key (they’re now registred as SLES12_SP4, should be SLES12_SP5). Is there a way to change them without having to bootstrap them again?

Thanks in advance for any tips or information.[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
How are they activated, SCC, SMT, RMT etc? If via SCC then should be able to just deregister the key with SUSEConnect -d (–de-register) then reactivate with the correct key -r (–regcode).

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;59765]Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
How are they activated, SCC, SMT, RMT etc? If via SCC then should be able to just deregister the key with SUSEConnect -d (–de-register) then reactivate with the correct key -r (–regcode).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warm welcome and the quick answer, but it Looks like i messed up. The servers are registered via the SUSE Manager, i’m sorry i’ve posted the Tread in the wrong Forum. But thanks for the help anyway.

Hi
But SUSE manager doesn’t deploy any keys to the systems registered, it will just check the allocations on SCC periodically.

In SuMA you can delete the system on SuMA and just re-register via your method eg salt or traditional.