CIFS mount no longer works after OS upgrade

I have a couple of SLES11 SP4 servers that have identical configuration. I upgraded one of the boxes to SLES12 SP3, and while testing the applications on it, noticed that a Windows share that it’s supposed to be mounting is no longer mounted. The mount on the SLES11 SP4 server is still working fine. Here’s how it’s configured in fstab:

//myserver/VOL1 /mnt/vol1 cifs uid=root,credentials=/root/.credentials,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

The content of /root/.credentials:

username=MYDOMAIN\\svc_Account password=MyP@$$w0rd domain=MYDOMAIN

These are identical between the two servers. The one I didn’t touch is still ok, but the one I upgraded to SLES12 SP3 is giving me the following when I try to manually mount:

sles12sp3server:~ # mount -vvv -t cifs -o uid=root -o credentials=/root/.credentials -o iocharset=utf8 -o sec=ntlm //myserver/VOL1 /mnt/vol1 domain=MYDOMAIN mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=172.16.x.x,unc=\\\\myserver\\VOL1,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm,uid=0,user=MYDOMAIN\\svc_Account,,domain=MYDOMAIN,pass=******** mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Based on some searching on that error, I’ve tried a number of things, including various combinations of the following:

[LIST=1]
[]sec=ntlmsspi, ntlmssp, ntlmv2, krb
[
]vers=2.0, 2.1, 3.0
[*]Replacing the credentials option with explicit username, password, and domain options.
[/LIST]

I can’t seem to get any more verbose information on what’s happening, and I’m about out of ideas. Does anyone know of anything that’s changed, maybe in CIFS default options, between SLES11SP4 and SLES12SP3 that could cause this sort of thing?

Domain controller is Windows Server 2008 R2.

[QUOTE=dmurphy_kalsec;54691]I have a couple of SLES11 SP4 servers that have identical configuration. I upgraded one of the boxes to SLES12 SP3, and while testing the applications on it, noticed that a Windows share that it’s supposed to be mounting is no longer mounted. The mount on the SLES11 SP4 server is still working fine. Here’s how it’s configured in fstab:

//myserver/VOL1 /mnt/vol1 cifs uid=root,credentials=/root/.credentials,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

The content of /root/.credentials:

username=MYDOMAIN\\svc_Account password=MyP@$$w0rd domain=MYDOMAIN

These are identical between the two servers. The one I didn’t touch is still ok, but the one I upgraded to SLES12 SP3 is giving me the following when I try to manually mount:

sles12sp3server:~ # mount -vvv -t cifs -o uid=root -o credentials=/root/.credentials -o iocharset=utf8 -o sec=ntlm //myserver/VOL1 /mnt/vol1 domain=MYDOMAIN mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=172.16.x.x,unc=\\\\myserver\\VOL1,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm,uid=0,user=MYDOMAIN\\svc_Account,,domain=MYDOMAIN,pass=******** mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Based on some searching on that error, I’ve tried a number of things, including various combinations of the following:

[LIST=1]
[]sec=ntlmsspi, ntlmssp, ntlmv2, krb
[
]vers=2.0, 2.1, 3.0
[*]Replacing the credentials option with explicit username, password, and domain options.
[/LIST]

I can’t seem to get any more verbose information on what’s happening, and I’m about out of ideas. Does anyone know of anything that’s changed, maybe in CIFS default options, between SLES11SP4 and SLES12SP3 that could cause this sort of thing?

Domain controller is Windows Server 2008 R2.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried the tips in this TID: https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=7019892 ?

Thomas

[QUOTE=thsundel;54694]Have you tried the tips in this TID: https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=7019892 ?

Thomas[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that link is referring to an issue that should be fixed in SLES12. My problem is that upgrading to SLES12 is what broke the mount. My SLES11 box still works fine.

Wups, I linked to the wrong TID, this was the one I meant to sent: https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=7017413

Thomas

[QUOTE=thsundel;54699]Wups, I linked to the wrong TID, this was the one I meant to sent: https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=7017413

Thomas[/QUOTE]

There it is. Removing the domain from the username option in the credentials file did the trick. Thanks very much for the pointer.