Conflict errors with HP drivers and upgrade from sles11sp2

Have an HP ml350p gen8 that uses a disk controller drive HPSA and a network driver TG3. These drivers are part of the sles11sp2 distro and I was using them up to a certain point where I ran the Service Pack for Proliant servers and updated the drivers (months back). I go and try to do a wagon upgrade from sp2 to sles11sp3. Before I can proceed, I have warnings of conflicts for these 2 drivers. I attached the conflict file. Has anyone else encountered this issue or something similar and if so, how did you resolve or what choice did you make. I aborted the upgrade to do more research on this myself.

Thanks in advance.

[ATTACH]97[/ATTACH]
I thought I had attached the conflict file…

[QUOTE=shesser;24948]Have an HP ml350p gen8 that uses a disk controller drive HPSA and a network driver TG3. These drivers are part of the sles11sp2 distro and I was using them up to a certain point where I ran the Service Pack for Proliant servers and updated the drivers (months back). I go and try to do a wagon upgrade from sp2 to sles11sp3. Before I can proceed, I have warnings of conflicts for these 2 drivers. I attached the conflict file. Has anyone else encountered this issue or something similar and if so, how did you resolve or what choice did you make. I aborted the upgrade to do more research on this myself.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Hi shesser,

from what I can tell, your options are either to revert back to the distro-supported versions of the drivers (by de-installing the HP packages) or to get updated packages from HP, which you’ll need to include right with the update.

Regards,
Jens

Thanks Jens! I believe your correct here, either remove the updated HP drivers before upgrading to revert back to the distro supplied or remove them during the upgrade and use the new distro supplied drivers. Then option 3 is also doable get the newer sp3 drivers and install them prior to reboot. I have learned a lesson on this one, unless your having issues, always stick with the distro drivers. Was tyring to be a good admin and apply the lastest drivers that HP recommends to install. Not like the old Netware days when it was a good practice to install the latest vendor drivers after the SP…:^)