How to trigger catalog upgrades

I have two versions of an app in an an internal catalog set of templates.

here’s how I defined the “.catalog” section of the rancher-compose.yml for the two versions. But when I start up a version 1.0 stack, the UI does not indicate that an upgrade is available.

.catalog:
name: "XXX"
version: "1.0"
description: "The initial version of the XXX catlog."
uuid: xxx-1

.catalog:
name: "XXX"
version: "2.0"
description: "The initial version of the XXX catlog."
uuid: xxx-2

I should mention, that the rancher-compose.yml in two version directories are identical. I just wanted to test the upgrade feature. Does rancher compare the docker-compose files to ensure they are different between versions?

That sounds right, assuming those are in templates/xxx/0/rancher-compose.yml and templates/xxx/1/rancher-compose.yml

• Are you sure you pushed the changes to where the catalog is configured to look
  • Waited 5 minutes for it to re-pull it?
  • If you try to launch a new copy of that template are both versions shown in the dropdown?
  • If you go to the API (http://your-rancher:8080v1-catalog/templates) are there 2 versionLinks listed for the template?

my directory tree looked like the following:
templates/xxx/1.0/rancher-compose.yml
templates/xxx/2.0/rancher-compose.yml

so I made the version number and format match in every case, including the directory names, and waited until I saw my changes in the Rancher UI, and preview pane, then it worked.

Thanks…very cool, btw.