Latest Release of Rancher 1.6 - v1.6.24

We’ve created an Announcements category and we will be posting new releases as new topics in that category.

Latest Release

• Beta - v1.6.24 - rancher/server:latest - Read the full release notes.
  • Stable - v1.6.23 - rancher/server:stable - Read the full release notes.

How to Upgrade Rancher Server

Rancher Server Tags

Rancher server has 2 different tags. For each major release tag, we will provide documentation for the specific version.

• rancher/server:latest tag will be our latest development builds. These builds will have been validated through our CI automation framework. These releases are not meant for deployment in production.
  • rancher/server:stable tag will be our latest stable release builds. This tag is the version that we recommend for production.

Please do not use any release with a rc{n} suffix. These rc builds are meant for the Rancher team to test out builds.

4 Likes

Thank you it is really important information for me about next releases. On next time i will check out about next new feeds. Once again thanks.

@danielmutch307 we have an announcements category that is specifically made for announcing latest releases. If you watch the category, anytime there is a new release, you will get an email about it.

1 Like

Small request for future release announcements: a link to upgrade instructions would be greatly appreciated.

@Magnus919 That’s a great idea! I’ll add it to this post and try to remember to add it into the announcements.

Thanks a lot for this good work.

The upgrade doc is too hidden i think, i was searching for some minutes ago to get the link … Maybe you can add this link in the Rancher Admin gui directly, like “an update is available. To update, check this doc” ?
And pin in the rancher forum : “How to upgrade Rancher”

Thank you :).

The new graphs stink. The mini graphs are only outlines and the color is not filled in, and when I drill down into the actual container the graphs don’t even show up. Notice me Senpai!

Just today (August 03, 2016) I did ‘sudo docker run -d --restart=always -p 8080:8080 rancher/server’ and ‘docker exec’ into the container and saw that ‘env | grep RANCHER’ i have a ‘CATTLE_RANCHER_SERVER_VERSION=v1.1.2’. So, I guess, the ‘latest’ tag of the image in hub.docker.com is not updated?

Our latest stable release of Rancher (v1.1.2) is now what is tagged as rancher/server:latest. We have had many users who had upgraded to latest when they only wanted our latest stable release.

Going forward, users will need to tag any specific dev builds (anything tagged with pre).

Our current latest stable release is Rancher v1.2.0.

Our current latest stable release is Rancher v1.2.1.

Our current latest stable release is Rancher v1.2.2.

Our current latest release is Rancher v1.3.0.
Our current latest stable release is Rancher v1.2.2.

hi, it looks like the link “How to Upgrade Rancher Server” is not working.

cheers

Thanks @chicco785! I’ve updated the upgrading link.

Our current latest and stable release is Rancher v1.3.1.

Our current latest and stable release is Rancher v1.3.2.

We have released v1.2.3 and v1.3.3 with a fix to enable ELBs with Rancher.

Rancher v1.3.3 has been tagged as the latest and stable release.

Our current latest release is Rancher v1.4.0.
Our current latest stable release is Rancher v1.3.4.

Our current latest and stable release is Rancher v1.4.1