Missing Filter type (Patch Issue date)

Hi,

Setting up Suse Manager for the first time and trying to create a Life Cycle Project. In the manual/procedure, they configure a filter “Exclude patches by date” with filter type “Patch (Issue date)”. I don’t have this filter type in the pulldown menu. Do I need to create/enable this?

I just installed Suse Manager Server 4.0 which comes with Sles15SP1 (still on evaluation license).

Hope anyone can help.

Kind regards,

Marcel Huisman

[QUOTE=mphuisman;58672]Hi,

Setting up Suse Manager for the first time and trying to create a Life Cycle Project. In the manual/procedure, they configure a filter “Exclude patches by date” with filter type “Patch (Issue date)”. I don’t have this filter type in the pulldown menu. Do I need to create/enable this?

I just installed Suse Manager Server 4.0 which comes with Sles15SP1 (still on evaluation license).

Hope anyone can help.

[/QUOTE]

This time we were a bit too fast with our docs. The code is not released yet.
You will get this feature with the next Maintenance Update for 4.0 .

Please wait some more weeks.

Hi mcalmer,

Is there a workaround for now, i really need to setup a DTAP environment and start updating our environment in Suse manager.
Or do I need to setup a DTAP environment in an other way? I need to update the Test, Acceptance and Production environment with the same updates and patches I already installed on DEV. Hope you can give me advise…

Thanks in advance,

Marcel

[QUOTE=mphuisman;58684]Hi mcalmer,

Is there a workaround for now, i really need to setup a DTAP environment and start updating our environment in Suse manager.
Or do I need to setup a DTAP environment in an other way? I need to update the Test, Acceptance and Production environment with the same updates and patches I already installed on DEV. Hope you can give me advise…

Thanks in advance,

Marcel[/QUOTE]

I guess you can clone the channel you have used ( separate channels per group).
Have you checked if ‘spacewalk-clone-by-date’ works ?