Problem writing CD-R in SLES 11 SP2 - gnome cd/dvd creator

I’m trying to write a CD-R from a iso image in the SLES 11 SP2 with last updates.
I use the gnome CD/DVD creator from graphical interface and after click on the write button I get the message instantaneously: “Completed writing …” and 100% done. BUT nothing is burned to the blank CD-R disc that remains blank.

Someone knows how to help-me to solve this problem??

HERE THE PROBLEM - SHOW COMPLETED BUT NOTHING IS BURNED

Well… there should be a pop up asking you to insert a CD/DVD or let you cancel out. Do you get that prompt? With SLES/SLES 11 SP2 when selecting copy, it will first create a temp file under a subfolder of /tmp and then write that back to empty media after swamping the original out.

Curious, have you created a separate mount for /tmp? And what filesystem(s) is/are used for your system mounts?

Also - can you post the output of ‘df -h’ and ‘mount’?

No, I don’t get that prompt. And if I remove the blank CD and try it also don’t ask to insert CD/DVD or let me cancel out.

No, I didn’t create a separate mount for /tmp.
/swap - swap area
/boot - ext3
/ - xfd
/home - xfs

pacs:~ # df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 12G 7.7G 4.4G 64% /
udev 1.9G 120K 1.9G 1% /dev
tmpfs 1.9G 176K 1.9G 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda2 92M 57M 30M 66% /boot
/dev/sda4 1.8T 72G 1.8T 4% /home

[QUOTE=animati;6677]No, I don’t get that prompt. And if I remove the blank CD and try it also don’t ask to insert CD/DVD or let me cancel out.
[/QUOTE]

Ok, I had read it the other way around (thinking you were trying to copy an existing CD). I don’t have a system to test with at this moment but will give it a try tomorrow. Have not tired copying an ISO to CD yet.

As a workaround, if Brasero is installed - try using that to burn the ISO with to CD.

-Willem

Ok thanks a lot. I’ll try Brasero and wait your answer tomorrow.

Hi, I’m still waiting your answer. The problem remains.