Service Request # 101220275771

I’ve reached the end of my patience with this SR. So, here I am.

I identified and reproduced a memory leak in eDirectory back in Feb
2019. I opened this SR once I was reasonably sure that I could reproduce
it. Unfortunately, my client is running eDir, and naturally
Support didn’t want to deal with that. I was told that unless I could
reproduce it with eDir 9, that it was a dead end because eDir 8 was out
of support. Fair enough.

So I reproduced it with eDir 9. By then, a patch had been released, and
of course, we can’t possibly look at the results from eDir 9.12, Support
can only look at it if it’s eDir 9.13.

So I reproduced it again with eDir 9.13. That was six weeks ago. I’ve
been sending James email, repeatedly, since then, and heard nothing
until yesterday. Guess what?

Right. There’s now an eDir 9.14, and backline / engineering / etc. can’t
possibly be interested in seeing any problems in 9.13, they want to know
if I can reproduce it in 9.14 before they’ll look at it.

This is (expletive deleted).

Each time I have to reproduce this takes a week. Then I have to hound
Support for a month. By then, there’s a new release, and around we go
again. I informed James on the 9.13 test that this was it, that I would
not be repeating this “try the new version we just released and let us
know if that doesn’t help” thing again.

I need, today, somebody from backline involved. I need them to look at
what I’ve reproduced. I do NOT need to be asked stupid questions like if
I’m running IDM and whether or not I’ve checked the DIB cache settings.
If backline sets up the same test, exactly as described, complete with
all of the various supportconfigs that I’ve submitted and the exact
instructions on how to reproduce the problem, and can’t reproduce it,
THEN, and only then, can we start looking for differences in settings or


dgersic’s Profile:
View this thread:

Sorry to hear about your experience.
I have flagged this up to the Team Manager’s attention…


tbaki’s Profile:
View this thread: