SLE10 desktop admin exam fee higher than CLA11 exam. Strange

Hello,

I am about to register for “050-708: SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 Administration” exam & I am surprised to know that exam fee of this exam is higher than CLA11 & CLA12 exam.
Technically CLA exam carries more weightage but seems like “050-708: SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 Administration” remains expensive than CLA exam fees.

at VUE site, fee structure for following exams for my region as follows [i.e. INDIA]

050-708: SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 Administration = 125US$
050-720: SUSE Certified Linux Administrator 11 = 55US$
050-733: SUSE Certified Linux Administrator 12 = 55US$

Is it the same fee structure applicable for other regions?
I am now reconsidering just to appear for ‘CLA12’ exam instead of “SLED 10 Admin + CLA12” as the exam fee goes from my pocket. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Amey.

Some of the newer exams, including the practicums, are being made possible
outside of official VUE testing centers, so costs may be dropping for the
new ones.

Considering that SLE 10 is old and going to be gone sooner than later, I’d
recommend going with 11, or better yet, 12, as soon as possible so that
your skills are rated against current technologies, which should help you
the most in the current and future marketplace.

Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below…

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by scottphd
I have also checked the SUSE Certified Administrator (SCA) in Enterprise Storage and SUSE Certified Administrator (SCA) in Systems Management. I need to finish my first part of the testing and [COLOR="#333333"]write my essay today[/COLOR] on Web UI Features. Is the exam for the SCA in Systems Management based on the SUSE Manager version 3.1? [/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s based on the SUSE Manager version 3.1
I think it’s natural that the exam fees differ. I’m also planning to schedule my next exam: SCA+ in SUSE Manager for Retail 3. It costs $149 and there’re no practical training exam preps.