SLES 11 SP4 How to install teamviewer

Hi

I try to install teamviewer many time but always fail - can any one write in details how to install it - and if there any other depending software please also describe

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
You should be able to just use zypper to install and it will pull in the dependencies including 32bit libs?

For example;

zypper in teamviewer_12.0.76279.i686.rpm

If that doesn’t work, please post back the error details withing code tags.

Thanks for your reply
but I try this code before many times and again before 10 minitues as you mention but alaways I face this problem as discribe below

hanab1:~/Downloads # zypper in teamviewer_12.0.85001.i686.rpmLoading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

Problem: nothing provides libasound.so.2 needed by teamviewer-12.0.85001-0.i686
Solution 1: do not install teamviewer-12.0.85001-0.i686
Solution 2: break teamviewer-12.0.85001-0.i686 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c] (c):

Hi
Do you have any active repositories or the install media?

If it’s a 64bit system then you need to install libasound2-32bit else if 32bit then just libasound2 but it’s available via the install media or online repository.

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;40273]Hi
Do you have any active repositories or the install media?

If it’s a 64bit system then you need to install libasound2-32bit else if 32bit then just libasound2 but it’s available via the install media or online repository.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply also I try to install libasound2-32bit - the same message shown again - no easy step to follow - coz I need teamviewer urgent

can you explain via the install media - you mean I have to use suse interprise linux CD and grap it from there? if yes -can you explain in steps how to do that

[QUOTE=Hawarih;40277]Thanks for reply also I try to install libasound2-32bit - the same message shown again - no easy step to follow - coz I need teamviewer urgent

can you explain via the install media - you mean I have to use suse interprise linux CD and grap it from there? if yes -can you explain in steps how to do that[/QUOTE]
Hi
If you have the iso image available of the install media you can use that and add via YaST software repositories, else if the install media is present and just disabled after the install enable that?

If it’s that urgent and you don’t need alsa (sound) support, skipping that requirement (Solution 2) should be fine.

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;40290]Hi
If you have the iso image available of the install media you can use that and add via YaST software repositories, else if the install media is present and just disabled after the install enable that?

If it’s that urgent and you don’t need alsa (sound) support, skipping that requirement (Solution 2) should be fine.[/QUOTE]

thanks -but still not solve
I have DVD with burning image which I used for install SUSE - but how can I use it to install can you explain for me with photo please _ I fail to install teamviewer

[QUOTE=Hawarih;40341]thanks -but still not solve
I have DVD with burning image which I used for install SUSE - but how can I use it to install can you explain for me with photo please _ I fail to install teamviewer[/QUOTE]
Hi
Start up YaST Software Repositories and ensure it’s enabled (your DVD install media) and you have the media installed in the dvd device. Then in YaST software management search for libasound2, do you see it?

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;40342]Hi
Start up YaST Software Repositories and ensure it’s enabled (your DVD install media) and you have the media installed in the dvd device. Then in YaST software management search for libasound2, do you see it?[/QUOTE]

Thanks _ I informed you this is kind of sufaring really - after I fix libsound2 and start installation I got this error
Problem: nothing provides libpng12.so.0 needed by teamviewer-12.0.85001-0.i686

Hi
That one is available in the updates repository…

I see;

zypper if libpng12-0

Information for package libpng12-0:

Repository: updates
Name: libpng12-0
Version: 1.2.31-5.38.1
Arch: i586
Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Support Level: Level 3
Installed: Yes

Manual download available here if you have an active subscription;
https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=BBNiZyJw4c4~