Suse background changes after Esx snapshot?

Okay, I’ve tested this twice now, and I don’t know if its a bug or a feature…but when I snapshot Suse11 sp2, on ESX vmware, the defaut emerald background goes from light to dark when the snapshot is done…its the same backgrond but darker…like its aware its been snapshotted…or maybe it mens something else, but I’m not sure what that is. Seems to run fine and is fully functional…but I’m not sure, so my questions is:

1. Is this a feature or a bug?
  2. Does it know its been snapshotted?
  3. Is this normal?

Please fill me in :slight_smile:

Never mind, I feel like a fool…its a rotating background…that has four states from light to dark…disregard this question…gulp.

Techlord,

You get bonus points for fessing up. :slight_smile:

I’ve been doing a lot of P2V moves recently, and you would not believe the number of times that I’m accused of some how corrupting data during a move, for example selectively deleting a data base table, or specifically last years sales figures. Amazing, how these issues never crash the OS or corrupt the file systems or make the database engine fail to load. Whats happening in most cases is that after the move, users are asked to snoop around for problems. And if you go looking for problems, you will find them. Of course they were problems prior to the move, but nobody was looking then.

– Bob