Systems not showing up in SCC

I recently did a delete of some systems from one organization and redirected my SMT to the organization to which the 2015 entitlement had been added. I deleted the systems from the SMT and SCC, Cleaned out the records on the clients with the suse_register -E command, changed the organization credentials on the SMT to point to the correct organization and re-registered the SLES 11 SP3 systems. The repositories on the SMT are receiving updates and “zypper patch” on the client system works however the systems are not showing up in the SCC web interface after several days.

When I type in “smt-register -d” I get back “Forward registration to SCC not yet implemented”. How do the registrations make their way from my SMT to SCC?

The SMT system is running SLES 11 SP3. SMT is at smt-2.0.9-0.7.1. The client system is at SLES 11 SP3.

e972157 Wrote in message:
[color=blue]

I recently did a delete of some systems from one organization and
redirected my SMT to the organization to which the 2015 entitlement had
been added. I deleted the systems from the SMT and SCC, Cleaned out the
records on the clients with the suse_register -E command, changed the
organization credentials on the SMT to point to the correct organization
and re-registered the SLES 11 SP3 systems. The repositories on the SMT
are receiving updates and “zypper patch” on the client system works
however the systems are not showing up in the SCC web interface after
several days.

When I type in “smt-register -d” I get back “Forward registration to SCC
not yet implemented”. How do the registrations make their way from my
SMT to SCC?

The SMT system is running SLES 11 SP3. SMT is at smt-2.0.9-0.7.1. The
client system is at SLES 11 SP3.[/color]

Have you switched your SMT server to SCC using the
“smt-ncc-scc-migration” command or is still pointing to Novell
Customer Centre?

HTH.

Simon Flood
SUSE Knowledge Partner

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

I had performed the smt-ncc-scc-migration some time ago. The NU section in my /etc/smt.conf is:

[NU]
NUUrl=https://updates.suse.com/
NURegUrl=https://scc.suse.com/connect
NUUser=******
NUPass=*********
ApiType=SCC

SMT does not (yet) sync systems back with SCC. This is being worked on.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

On the SCC web interface in the Systems tab there is the following message:

We cannot find any systems. This may be due to several reasons…
In order for a system to appear in this list the registration has to be done either by the YaST registration module or the command line interface SUSEConnect. Once the system registered with SCC it will appear in this list.

Until the SCC sync is established perhaps you might consider changing the text of this message to include the SMT to SCC sync function not yet working as a possible cause for an empty list. I have another organization within SCC that has a populated list brought over from NCC. Until this forum exchange I was under the mistaken impression that the list accurately reflected the current state of my entitlement usage. In NCC I had used this list as a report on my license compliance. People could get themselves into trouble by believing what this list is telling them.