Can't get past password reset screen

Hi!

NOOB question.

Downloaded SUSE for rpi. Should point out that I don’t have ethernet cable connected (naughty me). I can get through the installer questions no problem, then I attempt to login. After login, it says I need to change password. I’ve attempted several times to change password to no avail. The password I am attempting to change to is strong in terms of number of chars (>10), alpha etc.
Problem is, there is an error occuring, but it doesn’t stay on the screen long enough to read what is says, it immediately tries to ask me to do the process again. A shame, was really interesting in seeing how this would perform on raspberry pi 3.

Thanks
Mohan

[QUOTE=mohangupta;35180]Hi!

NOOB question.

Downloaded SUSE for rpi. Should point out that I don’t have ethernet cable connected (naughty me). I can get through the installer questions no problem, then I attempt to login. After login, it says I need to change password. I’ve attempted several times to change password to no avail. The password I am attempting to change to is strong in terms of number of chars (>10), alpha etc.
Problem is, there is an error occuring, but it doesn’t stay on the screen long enough to read what is says, it immediately tries to ask me to do the process again. A shame, was really interesting in seeing how this would perform on raspberry pi 3.

Thanks
Mohan[/QUOTE]

NOOB question:

according to this here

https://www.suse.com/documentation/suse-best-practices/sles-rpi-quick/data/sles-rpi-quick.html

I don’t see any page requesting password change?!?!

After Figure 3 XDM Login Screen where it asks for login,
1.There is another screen for password
2. Followed by another screen for a password change, asking you to re-enter your old password
3. Followed by another screen for your new password

It is at step 3 where I can’t proceed, because no matter what password I put, an error message flashes momentarily, then I am ushered back to step 2 where I rinse and repeat with no success. Not sure if this is due to not having an internet connection via ethernet, will try again with later on.

I was able to get past it by logging in as root