Creating a Swarm in Azure with existing VNet etc

Hi All,

I’m new to Rancher, and am currently trying to set up a Swarm in Azure, and would like to put it into an existing VNet & subnet, which would allow routing to work between the swarm, and my office network via VPN. I can create stand alone ones OK, but when I try and create a swarm in an existing VNet, subnet, resource group, it fails to create the hosts. Is this a supported scenario, or does it always expect to create new VNets etc.?

From the logs (below) it looks like something is getting a conflict message which seems it is possible that there is a conflict between trying to create items when there is already an existing vnet etc. with the same name.

Rancher version: 1.5.3 (latest)
Error in cattle-debug.log

2017-04-05 13:24:40,253 INFO [:] [] [] [] [ecutorService-2] [.p.c.v.i.ConfigItemStatusManagerImpl] Requesting update of item(s) [system-stacks] on [account:12]
2017-04-05 13:24:43,416 ERROR [e2378d3c-e9e9-4a0d-8d43-43d238d8930b:298] [physicalHost:3] [physicalhost.create] [] [ecutorService-3] [c.p.e.p.i.DefaultProcessInstanceImpl] Agent error for [physicalhost.create.re
ply;handler=goMachineService]: Error in driver during machine creation: compute.AvailabilitySetsClient#CreateOrUpdate: Failure responding to request: StatusCode=409 – Original Error: autorest/azure: Service ret
urned an error. Status=409 Code=“Conflict” Message="The request failed due to conflict with a concurrent request. "
2017-04-05 13:24:43,478 ERROR [:] [] [] [] [ecutorService-3] [.e.s.i.ProcessInstanceDispatcherImpl] Agent error for [physicalhost.create.reply;handler=goMachineService]: Error in driver during machine creation:
compute.AvailabilitySetsClient#CreateOrUpdate: Failure responding to request: StatusCode=409 – Original Error: autorest/azure: Service returned an error. Status=409 Code=“Conflict” Message="The request failed d
ue to conflict with a concurrent request. "

If someone could provide me with some pointers, that would be great, thank you.

Dave

Have tried this again, and it has got much further now. I tried the same settings as above, but double checked that all the settings matched the values I already have for the VNet etc.

So it does appear to work OK with using an existing VNet.

Dave