EFI installation for 12?

Hello:

I’ve got Dell M4800 laptop and I am going to install SLED 12 on it. It has a Windows 8.1 system and the boot was managed by EFI system. I noticed that my lived SUSE usb stick cannot boot from EFI system and I have to switch to lecacy…

I am just wondering how can we install SLED 12 in such kind of system?

Thank you very much.

best wishes

Albert

PS: I’ve submitted a wrong thread to SLES section, could anybody help me to delete? THX

Hi
Sounds like an issue with the USB device? I have SLED 12 UEFI Secure/Non Secure dual booting with windows 7, 8.1 and preview (10).

I used SUSE Studio imagewriter (from linux) to create my USB device (8GB), how did you create your usb device, sounds like it’s created as mbr and not efi…

Hello:

I also use imagewriter (from my openSUSE 13.1) to creat it. My USB device is 16 GB. I simple drug the SLED 12 .iso file into imagewriter interface. I don’t find any options that we can select UEFI mode for creating such kind of usb booting deveices…

THX alot

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;24771]Hi
Sounds like an issue with the USB device? I have SLED 12 UEFI Secure/Non Secure dual booting with windows 7, 8.1 and preview (10).

I used SUSE Studio imagewriter (from linux) to create my USB device (8GB), how did you create your usb device, sounds like it’s created as mbr and not efi…[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=albumns;24772]Hello:

I also use imagewriter (from my openSUSE 13.1) to creat it. My USB device is 16 GB. I simple drug the SLED 12 .iso file into imagewriter interface. I don’t find any options that we can select UEFI mode for creating such kind of usb booting deveices…

THX alot[/QUOTE]
Hi
Ok, when you boot the system in UEFI Mode can you select the efi file to boot from? On my HP’s I press F9 to select the boot device or efi file. Do you have something similar?