Failed to connect to proxy" error="websocket: bad handshake

Hello,

I’ve setup an EKS Cluster, I’m using spinnaker and traefik as ingress controller, I’ve installed Rancher to add the option for those that don’t have a good knowledge in kubernetes can look at the pods, deploy workloads and other tasks, however one of those tasks its to look at the logs of the pods, I can reach Rancher with no problem but its giving this error:

time=“2019-09-10T21:44:48Z” level=info msg=“Connecting to proxy” url=“wss://rancher.xxxxxx.io/v3/connect/register” │
│ time=“2019-09-10T21:44:48Z” level=error msg=“Failed to connect to proxy” error=“websocket: bad handshake” │
│ time=“2019-09-10T21:44:48Z” level=error msg=“Failed to connect to proxy” error=“websocket: bad handshake” │

I’m running rancher v2.2.4 and Traefik version 1.7.14, all other deployments are working fine.

I’ve deployed rancher via helm with this command:

helm install rancher-latest/rancher --name rancher --namespace cattle-system --set hostname=[url here] --set ingress.extraAnnotations.'kubernetes.io/ingress.class’=traefik --set tls=external --set nodeSelector.nodetype=systools --set replicas=1

I’ve been looking in the forums, but none of the answers seems to be related with traefik.
Important to say that ssl termination its done at aws elb level using a wildcard ssl.

Your help its very appreciated.

1 Like

me too,can you help me?TKS.

@fengfuyun52 @runderwoodcr can share how you solve this?

We have a new cluster on rancher 2.5.8 and get this error