filestore -> bluestore migration

Hi all,
wondering if the documentation ( https://www.suse.com/documentation/suse-enterprise-storage-5/book_storage_deployment/data/ceph_upgrade_4to5.html#filestore2bluestore ) how to migrate from filestore to bluestore is complete because it doesn’t seem to do anything in our environment?

Ran salt-run state.orch ceph.migrate.policy and that one did create a new “migrated-” directory which content looks okay but policy.cfg looks like it did prior.

So I guess we need to update the profile section in policy.cfg to reference to the new “migrated-” directory?

Thomas

[QUOTE=thsundel;40484]Hi all,
wondering if the documentation ( https://www.suse.com/documentation/suse-enterprise-storage-5/book_storage_deployment/data/ceph_upgrade_4to5.html#filestore2bluestore ) how to migrate from filestore to bluestore is complete because it doesn’t seem to do anything in our environment?

Ran salt-run state.orch ceph.migrate.policy and that one did create a new “migrated-” directory which content looks okay but policy.cfg looks like it did prior.

So I guess we need to update the profile section in policy.cfg to reference to the new “migrated-” directory?

Thomas[/QUOTE]

So I edited the policy to point to the new migrated directory but that didn’t help.

Thomas

[QUOTE=thsundel;40485]So I edited the policy to point to the new migrated directory but that didn’t help.

Thomas[/QUOTE]

I now I also found a profile-default directory that contains more information like db: db_size: format: wal: wal_size in the yml files… Maybe those dirs are what needs to be set in policy.cfg…

Thomas

[QUOTE=thsundel;40487]I now I also found a profile-default directory that contains more information like db: db_size: format: wal: wal_size in the yml files… Maybe those dirs are what needs to be set in policy.cfg…

Thomas[/QUOTE]

There were some issues with the profile, fixed those and ran salt-run state.orch ceph.stage.2 and after that salt-run state.orch ceph.migrate.osds went through.

Now on bluestore.

Thomas