HA for master nodes

it may be easiest to start over and follow the HA install guide exactly as written. You should not need to modify anything with nginx ingress, and you should have 3 nodes, each one with all 3 roles. That cluster is for rancher server only. no other workloads go in there. Your L4 load balancer is outside of this 3 node cluster.

also - there is no “load balancer node”. you bring your own load balancer, external from Rancher.

heiii @superseb

I have one question, I have deployed HA for rancher using the link provided in your comment. but i got the reference from a person of rancher team that another way to deploy the same is just launch 3 masters and 1 worker node from the rancher GUI and that will work as the same.
So what is the need of load-balancer in this case ?
Is rancher is running some nginx pod internally to provide load-balancing ?

Hi Kamlesh,

Would you please tell us, on which node you have installed RKE, Kubectl, helm? Assume 3 etcd,controller node and 4 worker node. Do we need to install in all node?

Regards,
Makesh.

you don;t need to install those tools on any node if you don;t want to. I like to install those on a mgmt host, that is not part of k8s cluster.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

hi makesh25,

installation of RKE tool, kubectl was done on load balancer node.