Helm frozen Kubernetes CLI

Hi,

I am using Rancher HA AWS Terraform example and everything works fine with deployment, however after launching kubernetes cluster, I get two issue…

1. kubectl throws error to connect from my laptop (Rancher Servers are behind AWS loadbalancer).
    Unable to connect to the server: dial tcp 54.79.60.59:443: i/o timeout

2. When i try using helm from Rancher Kubernetes CLI, helm version or helm list will get frozen and dont return any value.
    However if i just use helm it displays all helm help command list.

It tries to connect to 54.79.60.59:443, is that were the LB is? It uses the URL you are using to visit the UI to generate the .kube/config. It can’t connect to it right now.

Does the helm list command also hang when you first execute helm init and helm repo update ?

Hi,

I am using AWS ELB which is in rancher generated kubernetes config. The public ip i have in my earier message is one of rancher deployed host for kubernetes cluster.

Are there any perticular firewall ports i require to open to connect to rancher created kubernetes cluster host via AWS ELB’s from my laptop ? I used Terraform Rancher HA example template to build this infrastructure in AWS.

Will try updating helm repo and will let you know result.

Many Thanks,
Ash