How to disable ctrl-alt-del

Having an issue with Windows10 using the HP Lights-out remote console. With the remote console being the “active” window on my Win10 desktop, If I do a ctrl-alt-del to lock my workstation, the ctrl-alt-del command is being sent to the SLES 12 SP2 console.
This causes SLES 12 to trigger the “Power off” screen where the I have 30 seconds to choose… Power off(default), restart or cancel. The system powers off in 30 seconds unless I click on Cancel.
As I was locking my screen in windows, I was perplexed that my system kept shutting down until one day I hit ctrl-alt-del to lock my workstation and then clicked cancel.
That’s when I noticed the ctrl-alt-del command was being sent to the remote console.

Question is: How can I modify SLES 12 so that ctrl-alt-del does not cause the “Power off” menu to be invoked?

In Yast, I set Security and Users/ Security Center and hardening / Boot settings > Interpretation of Crtl+Alt+Del to “ignore”… but that has not stopped the behavior.
“man system.special” tells a bit about ctrl-alt-del.target … But there is not enough information for me to go on.
Looking for some assistance…

[QUOTE=Jonebee;54999]Having an issue with Windows10 using the HP Lights-out remote console. With the remote console being the “active” window on my Win10 desktop, If I do a ctrl-alt-del to lock my workstation, the ctrl-alt-del command is being sent to the SLES 12 SP2 console.
This causes SLES 12 to trigger the “Power off” screen where the I have 30 seconds to choose… Power off(default), restart or cancel. The system powers off in 30 seconds unless I click on Cancel.
As I was locking my screen in windows, I was perplexed that my system kept shutting down until one day I hit ctrl-alt-del to lock my workstation and then clicked cancel.
That’s when I noticed the ctrl-alt-del command was being sent to the remote console.

Question is: How can I modify SLES 12 so that ctrl-alt-del does not cause the “Power off” menu to be invoked?

In Yast, I set Security and Users/ Security Center and hardening / Boot settings > Interpretation of Crtl+Alt+Del to “ignore”… but that has not stopped the behavior.
“man system.special” tells a bit about ctrl-alt-del.target … But there is not enough information for me to go on.
Looking for some assistance…[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
AFAIK this isn’t used in SLE 12… If it was/is you can mask a service (systemctl mask so it heads of to /dev/null instead.

Suggest you just change your method as Super key+L is the direct method to lock the screen… :wink:

So there is no configuration option in L.o.M setup to disable this?

Maybe its a GUI shortcut? Unfortunately I cannot test it right now.