CentOS 7.3 VMs in VMware. Rancher 1.5.10.
I have three Rancher environments in two Rancher clusters, and two environments have the following problem.
- I read Troubleshooting FAQs: CROSS HOST COMMUNICATION, and everything looks okay.
- The Infrastructure Stacks are all green
- The Healthcheck stack is green
- The IPs of the hosts are correct in the UI
In this case, I have a cluster of three VMs. I created a new stack with one service, and one container on each node. From each node, I pinged all three internal IPs for each container in the service. The results are:
- container-1 can ping itself and container-2
- container-2 can ping container-1, itself and container-3
- container-3 can ping container-2 and container-3
Why can containers 1 & 3 not ping each other? What other troubleshooting can I do? Can I check anything in iptables?