How to use pipeline in Rancher2.7?

I depolyed the latest version of Rancher, and import k8s cluster, but I couldn’t use pipeline to publish the container image to repository, the official documents are not working for me, dose there has any useful docs?
thanks .

Check the release notes: (Release v2.7.0 · rancher/rancher · GitHub, in the ‘Other Notes’ section)

Removed Legacy Features
The following legacy features have been removed as of Rancher v2.7.0. The deprecation and removal of these features were announced in previous releases. See #6864.

UI and Backend

CIS Scans v1 (Cluster)
Pipelines (Project)
Istio v1 (Project)
Logging v1 (Project)
RancherDBlockquote

In Rancher 2.7, the concept of “pipelines” is not a built-in feature. However, Rancher does provide integration with other tools that allow you to implement pipelines for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) workflows.

To set up pipelines in Rancher 2.7, you can follow these general steps:

1. Select a CI/CD Tool: Choose a CI/CD tool that fits your requirements and integrates well with Rancher. Popular options include Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, CircleCI, or Tekton.
  2. Configure CI/CD Tool: Set up and configure your chosen CI/CD tool according to its documentation. This typically involves connecting it to your source code repository, defining build and test processes, and specifying deployment configurations.
  3. Define Pipeline Steps: Define the steps or stages of your pipeline, such as building, testing, and deploying your application. These steps can be defined using the syntax or configuration language provided by your chosen CI/CD tool.
  4. Integrate with Rancher: Utilize the Rancher integration provided by your CI/CD tool to interact with Rancher resources, such as Kubernetes clusters and applications. This integration usually involves using Rancher API tokens or credentials to authenticate and authorize access to Rancher.
  5. Configure Deployment Targets: Define the target Kubernetes clusters or Rancher projects where your application will be deployed. This can be done by specifying the appropriate context, namespace, or project details in your CI/CD tool’s configuration.
  6. Trigger and Monitor Pipelines: Set up triggers for your pipeline to automatically start the CI/CD process whenever changes are pushed to the repository. Monitor the progress of your pipeline to track each step’s success, identify issues, and receive notifications on failures.

I also deployed the latest version of Rancher and successfully imported my Kubernetes cluster. However, I’m currently facing a roadblock when trying to utilize Rancher Pipelines for publishing container images to the repository. I followed the techinstructs official documentation diligently, but unfortunately, it didn’t work as expected. The pipeline seems to be encountering an issue, and I’m struggling to pinpoint the root cause.

See How to use pipeline in Rancher2.7? - #2 by bpedersen2,
pipelines have been removed from 2.7.

Ugh, I feel you. Kubernetes and Rancher can sometimes give you a headache, especially when the official docs don’t seem to line up with what’s happening on your end. I’ve been in that boat a few times myself.

First off, if the official documentation isn’t helping, sometimes community resources can fill in the gaps. I’ve found some pretty good tutorials and articles on Medium, GitHub Gists, or even Reddit that dive into specific issues with Rancher and Kubernetes.

You might also want to check out forums like Stack Overflow or Rancher’s own community forums for more specific help. You can find some real gems there from people who have faced the same issues. Just make sure to share enough details about your setup so others can guide you better.

Also, don’t underestimate the value of logs and error messages. They might give you a clue on what’s missing or misconfigured. Sometimes, a small error can prevent the entire pipeline from working.

Check the release notes: https://forums.rancher.com/t/how-to-use-pipelines