Iinstall PostgreSQL 9.1 and pgAdmin on SuSE11SP2

Hello everyone,

I’m new to SuSE. I’ve installed SuSE 11 SP2 and I’m trying to install PostgreSQL 9.1 or higher version and pgAdmin, but i couldn’t find supported website to register it as new repository in SuSE. I appreciate if you let me know about website URL and simple installation method or document that i can easily install PostgreSQL and pgAdmin on SUSE.

Thanks in advance

Hi david_z,

[QUOTE=david_z;17706]Hello everyone,

I’m new to SuSE. I’ve installed SuSE 11 SP2 and I’m trying to install PostgreSQL 9.1 or higher version and pgAdmin, but i couldn’t find supported website to register it as new repository in SuSE. I appreciate if you let me know about website URL and simple installation method or document that i can easily install PostgreSQL and pgAdmin on SUSE.

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

since you’re new to SLES and are running a fresh install, I recommend to start with the latest version, which is SLES11 SP3.

There’s no need for special repositories to install PostgrSQL 9.1 - it comes right out of the box:

[CODE]jmozdzen@xxx:~> zypper se -s postgresql91
Daten des Repositorys laden …
Installierte Pakete lesen …

S | Name | Typ | Version | Arch | Repository
–±---------------------±------±------------±-------±------------------
| postgresql91 | Paket | 9.1.9-0.3.1 | x86_64 | SLES11-SP3-Pool
| postgresql91-contrib | Paket | 9.1.9-0.3.1 | x86_64 | SLES11-SP3-Pool
| postgresql91-devel | Paket | 9.1.9-0.3.1 | x86_64 | SLE11-SDK-SP3-Pool
| postgresql91-docs | Paket | 9.1.9-0.3.1 | x86_64 | SLES11-SP3-Pool
| postgresql91-server | Paket | 9.1.9-0.3.1 | x86_64 | SLES11-SP3-Pool
jmozdzen@xxx:~> [/CODE]

“pgadmin” is a different story - there’s no “supported” version available, but if you need that desperately enough, there’s a “pgadmin3” package on software.opensuse.org (although not for SP3 (yet), but for SLES11SP2 - repos url is http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/database:/postgresql/SLE_11_SP2/ ).

Regards,
Jens