Install php-5.6.18 with mysqli and fpm support

prior to run make I use:

./configure --prefix=/opt/php/php56 --exec-prefix=/opt/php/php56 --sbindir=/opt/php/php56/bin \
–with-apxs2=/opt/apache/http/bin/apxs --with-mysql=mysqlnd --with-mysqli=mysqlnd \
–with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd --enable-mysqlnd --enable-mbstring \
–enable-fpm --with-fpm-acl --with-fpm-user=wwwrun --with-fpm-group=www \
–with-pcre-dir=/usr/local/pcre --with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/openssl \
–with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/libxml2 --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/zlib64

It’s SLES 11 SP4 not SLES 12 because the systemd of the latter is broken and needs still a lot of effort before it can be used seriously.
Openssl-1.0.2e is compiled and installed.
pcre-8.38 is compiled and installed
apr-1.5.2 with apr-iconv and apr-util is compiled and installed.
zlib-1.2.8 is compiled and installed.
libxml2-2.9.3 is compiled and installed.
Apache 2.4.18 is compiled and installed with openssl mentioned.
So far Apache is running well with TLS1.2 support as intended.
MySQL ist the SLES version 5.0.96-0.6.20-x86_64 Server and client, as replacing it with a newer version from Oracle provokes troubles!

The configure log tells me mysqlnd shall be enabled, but in reality it’s not as phpMyAdmin tells me the DB is accessed using the deprecated old mysql mod but not mysli:
checking for MSSQL support via FreeTDS… no
checking for MySQL support… yes
checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket… no
checking for MySQL UNIX socket location… no
checking for MySQLi support… yes
checking whether to enable embedded MySQLi support… no
checking for MySQL support for PDO… yes
checking for PDO includes… checking for PDO includes… /local/inst/php-5.6.18/ext
checking whether to enable mysqlnd… yes
checking whether to disable compressed protocol support in mysqlnd… yes

I’ll also ask on the php forum, but what can you from SLES tell me?

It’s also important to mention the issue with regard to the options concerning fpm. Those must be dropped to be able to install php because libacl-devel is not part of the SLES distribution!
To overcome this issue I have already downloaded the sources for acl-2.2.52 and attr-2.4.47, but not yet installed, as I don’t know what kind of unexpected side effects this shall provoke.
What can you tell me w.r.t this issue?

further as by log snippet:
checking for bison version… invalid
configure: WARNING: This bison version is not supported for regeneration of the Zend/PHP parsers (found: 2.3, min: 204, excluded: 3.0). Hence Zend is not enabled

How can I get a valid version of the GNU Parser without to much troubles?

Though MySQL database can be accessed through phpMyAdmin, I’m not happy without a clean mysqli i.e. mysqlnd support.
The same is true concerning fpm, where I hope to overcome the nasty issues with some helpful indications.

The Part of the question w.r.t. mysqli is answered. I got the rpm bundle MySQL-5.6.29-1 for sles 11 from oracle and installed the rpm with rpm -i and rpm -U. this gave me the missing file /usr/bin/mysql_config. ./configure with the updated option --with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config finally gave the requested mysqli connection. The other questions ar still open, but at least this point is closed!
I wonder why I must go to oracle to get the required packages for sles 11!
I don’t need it yet, but with-gd, or with bz2, or fmp, or others the problem is still the same. The required *.h files from the devel packages are missing within Yast which makes it cumbersome to compile tools like php when the SLES package is so much nested with other sw in this case apache 2.2, which is simply outdated with regard to ssl handling requested today, like TLS 1.2!