It is not possible to register in SCC

Hi,

When I try to register the server, I see the following error:

How can i solve this?

SUSEConnect -r WWWWWWWWWWWW - e user@domain.com

SSL verification failed: selft signed certificate in certificate chain
Certificate issuer: /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
Certificate subject: /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
SUSEConnect error: OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed

TIA

[QUOTE=esilva;59728]Hi,

When I try to register the server, I see the following error:

How can i solve this?

SUSEConnect -r WWWWWWWWWWWW - e user@domain.com

SSL verification failed: selft signed certificate in certificate chain
Certificate issuer: /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
Certificate subject: /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
SUSEConnect error: OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed

TIA[/QUOTE]
Hi
I’m assuming this is a fresh and offline install, no server configuration?

yes, is a fresh and offline installation.

Hi
Are you in a position to raise a Support Request, I’m guessing there are some updated packages needed to get SUSEConnect working.

Hi,

There is a known issue with CA certificates. I opened a case with IBM (we contract with IBM for SUSE support) for a message about a curl error when trying to contact the SUSE servers. The reply from IBM was "The certificates were broken with ca-certificates version: ca-certificates-mozilla-2.40-12.20.1’. I manually downloaded ca-certificates-mozilla-2.40-12.25.1.noarch.rpm and installed it with zypper. That resolved my issue.

HTH

Harley