Lab 8.1 - rpm-build package not found

When I try to install rpm-build package zypper was not able to find the package. The zypper repository is available and enabled. Any ideas?

I checked it on my Company SLES15 SP1 server. The utility “rpmbuild” is part of the package “rpm-build” which is included in the module “Development Tools”. I was able to add the module to my server Repository and after this I was able to install rpm-build on my company SLES15 Server. I will try it now on the Academy Lab System, not sure if it will work, because my company Server is connected to a SMT Server. I will keep you informed.
I’m wondering if nobody else has this issue, or did I miss something during the previous Labs???

On the Academy Lab Server (e.g. server1) I was not able to “Add System Extensions or Modules” using Yast because a Registration is necessary :frowning: In fact I’m not able to do the 8.1 Lab without any help from Suse - please advice how to continue!

I will look into this. Are you sure that you are on the correct server? Double-check the lab instructions to determine which server you should be connected to.

I was on server1 as written down in the lab 8.1 instructions. However, the Zypper Repositories are the same on both server, so even on server2 I was not able to install rpm-build package because Developer Module is not available in the Repository!

It looks as though you may have skipped a lab. Take a look at lab 1-3.

I have just checked my notes and I‘m pretty sure that I have done this lab. What happened when I reset my lab environment? I have done this quite often during debugging the blank screen issue I had with my environment. May this cause the trouble? If yes, it might be a good idea to mention this at the start of the lab if there are any requirements/dependencies.

Yes, if you click the Reset button, it will revert your VMs back to their initial state.

Ok, thanks for confirmation. This will be the explanation for my problems with lab 8.1. I will do lab 1.3 again to get the Developer Module. Thanks for your help.