NCPFS connection to NetWare Server getting dropped

Have setup a new SLES 11 sp2 server (VMWare) - pretty vanilla configuration. Installed NCPFS (2_2_6_147_16_x86_64) to be able to create connection to NetWare 6.5 sp8 server’s volume so I can access a Groupwise domain database. Am using admin credentials for the time being. Using following ncpmount command:

ncpmount -S 10.0.0.33 -A oak.domainname.com -U .admin.oname -V Vol1 /mnt/gw/domain/primary

I am prompted for admin p/w and then the connection is made and I can see everything on Vol1 via the mount point. Some time later (and this can vary from a few minutes to an hour or more) the connection is lost and when I try to access the mount point I get an “input/output error”. If I then umount and ncpmount again, the connection comes back but will again be lost after a period of time. What can be done to ensure I can maintain a solid, reliable connection? Thanks.

Hm, sounds like a connection problem (network outage?) What does the
netware servers console show?

Tom

Nothing wrong with the NetWare server, which is our primary data/print server and many users would be screaming if something was not working. And, as a matter of fact, I have another SLES 11 sp2 server setup in a similar fashion with a Groupwise secondary domain and it has no trouble maintaining a NCP connection to this NetWare server, which is where the Primary Groupwise domain resides. So, I am more inclined to think it is something on the SLES side - hence the post here. Both of these SLES 11 sp2 servers, by the way, live on the same VMWare ESXi 5 host machine, which is running several other SLES based servers with absolutely no problems.