NFSServer unavailable under /etc/init.d

Hi,

We are trying to install an application in our SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (x86_64) VERSION = 12 PATCHLEVEL = 2

The application is trying to use the nfsserver service and it throws this below error …

“sh: /etc/init.d/nfsserver: No such file or directory”

When i check the status of service nfsserver: systemctl status nfsserver

nfsserver.service - Alias for NFS server
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfsserver.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (exited) since Tue 2019-09-17 14:37:12 UTC; 25min ago
Main PID: 29585 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup: /system.slice/nfsserver.service

Sep 17 14:37:12 xxxxxxx systemd[1]: Starting Alias for NFS server…
Sep 17 14:37:12 xxxxxxx systemd[1]: Started Alias for NFS server.

But why the nfsserver is not available under /etc/init.d i guess that’s where the application is trying to initiate commands?? any solution for this will be a great help…

Thanks in advance…

[QUOTE=raarth;58455]Hi,

We are trying to install an application in our SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (x86_64) VERSION = 12 PATCHLEVEL = 2

The application is trying to use the nfsserver service and it throws this below error …

“sh: /etc/init.d/nfsserver: No such file or directory”

When i check the status of service nfsserver: systemctl status nfsserver

nfsserver.service - Alias for NFS server
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfsserver.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (exited) since Tue 2019-09-17 14:37:12 UTC; 25min ago
Main PID: 29585 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup: /system.slice/nfsserver.service

Sep 17 14:37:12 xxxxxxx systemd[1]: Starting Alias for NFS server…
Sep 17 14:37:12 xxxxxxx systemd[1]: Started Alias for NFS server.

But why the nfsserver is not available under /etc/init.d i guess that’s where the application is trying to initiate commands?? any solution for this will be a great help…

Thanks in advance…[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
That’s because systemd is used and not sysVinit anymore, in the application your trying to install, does it not have an option to use for systemd? If not what is the init file, you will need to convert to a systemd file and place in /etc/systemd/system directory.

Or is the application just trying to check the service is running, if so you would need to tweak the script that’s calling the old sysVinit stuff.