No such client module sap_create_storage

Hello,

after installing the OS SLES for SAP 15 SP1, I’ve created a simple partitioning XML named “base_partitioning.xml” and saved it to “/usr/share/YaST2/include/sap-installation-wizard”. I’ve activated the partitioning in the file “/etc/sap-installation-wizard.xml”.

Based on the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAPApplications 15 SP1 guidehttps://documentation.suse.com/sles-sap/15-SP1/pdf/SLES4SAP-guide_color_en.pdf#%5B%7B%22num%22%3A445%2C%22gen%22%3A0%7D%2C%7B%22name%22%3A%22XYZ%22%7D%2C63.779%2C788.031%2Cnull%5D point 4.5 it is possible to execute the partitioning for the SAP system without using the SAP installation wizard by using following command:

[FONT=Courier New]yast2 sap_create_storage ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_PARTITIONING_FILE[/FONT]

When executing the command, I get the following errormessage:

[FONT=Courier New]No such client module sap_create_storage[/FONT]

Hint: executing [FONT=Courier New]zypper update[/FONT] and retry the command had the same error result.

I hope, that somebody in this forum can help me.

thanks in advance

[QUOTE=denis_fuerst;58848]Hello,

after installing the OS SLES for SAP 15 SP1, I’ve created a simple partitioning XML named “base_partitioning.xml” and saved it to “/usr/share/YaST2/include/sap-installation-wizard”. I’ve activated the partitioning in the file “/etc/sap-installation-wizard.xml”.

Based on the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAPApplications 15 SP1 guidehttps://documentation.suse.com/sles-sap/15-SP1/pdf/SLES4SAP-guide_color_en.pdf#%5B%7B%22num%22%3A445%2C%22gen%22%3A0%7D%2C%7B%22name%22%3A%22XYZ%22%7D%2C63.779%2C788.031%2Cnull%5D point 4.5 it is possible to execute the partitioning for the SAP system without using the SAP installation wizard by using following command:

[FONT=Courier New]yast2 sap_create_storage ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_PARTITIONING_FILE[/FONT]

When executing the command, I get the following errormessage:

[FONT=Courier New]No such client module sap_create_storage[/FONT]

Hint: executing [FONT=Courier New]zypper update[/FONT] and retry the command had the same error result.

I hope, that somebody in this forum can help me.

thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
So is the yast module “sap_create_storage” installed? You should be able to use YaST software management or zypper se to find the yast2 module and install.

I’m assuming you used the actual path to the partitioning file and not the text “ABSOLUTE_PATH_TO_PARTITIONING_FILE”?

Hello Malcom,

thank you for the welcome and your reply. I’ve checked if the module is installed under [FONT=Courier New]/usr/share/YaST2/include[/FONT].
Unfortunately the module “sap_create_storage” isn’t installed. I’ve checked the yast softwaremanagement but I couldn’t find the module.

Search result for “yast”
Searchresult for “sap”

Is there a repository missing?
Software Repositories

[QUOTE=denis_fuerst;58860]Hello Malcom,

thank you for the welcome and your reply. I’ve checked if the module is installed under [FONT=Courier New]/usr/share/YaST2/include[/FONT].
Unfortunately the module “sap_create_storage” isn’t installed. I’ve checked the yast softwaremanagement but I couldn’t find the module.

Search result for “yast”
Searchresult for “sap”

Is there a repository missing?
Software Repositories[/QUOTE]
Hi
Your repositories look fine, perhaps it’s been renamed, can you show the output from;

yast --list

Can you also show the complete command you are running.