php bug #52144: something in the update pipe?

Hi,

we’re running a php-based application on sles11sp2 (php53-5.3.8-0.39.1 & related) and get hit by PHP bug # 52144, for which a patch seems to be available (see https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=52144).

As this bug, once triggered, requires a restart of apache2 and we’re running into this quite often, we’re eager to get that patch into our system. Before we start to compile our own package I’d rather ask if that patch is already queued for sles patch distribution. Does anyone know?

Regards,
Jens

[QUOTE=jmozdzen;10270]Hi,

As this bug, once triggered, requires a restart of apache2 and we’re running into this quite often, we’re eager to get that patch into our system. Before we start to compile our own package I’d rather ask if that patch is already queued for sles patch distribution. Does anyone know?
[/QUOTE]

As far as I can see, there is currently no such update pending. I’ve filed a bugreport about this internally, but it would be a good idea for you to contact the Novell Technical Services (SUSE Support) and ask for a PTF for this problem if you’re a SLE customer.

Dirk,

thank you for your assistance. I’ve created a software defect report, pointing out both the PHP bug tracker entry and this thread. (In the past, I’ve had positive experiences communication problems that way, although we don’t have a support contract but just regular software maintenance.)

With regards,
Jens