Prefered Method for Importing PGP Keys

I am attempting to install an Oracle Virtualbox “package” because the guest tools and the Virtualbox package Yast has available do not match (SLED15)

In attempting to do this, I get a notification that the install has a security problem (the keys are not recognized/don’t match…).

Ok, so I checked with Oracle and get a PGP Public Key. I don’t seem to have a way to import this, and Yast is not finding anything that means anything to me (I do most of my work on z/Architecture, z/OS systems and so I’m much more familiar with the NON-POSIX world), so I’m just not understanding how to import this key.

What is it that I need to do so that I can get this key imported so “Yast” can be happy with this package/install (and I don’t over ride things unless I know I have a valid reason to do it)?

Regards,
Wylbur

Hi
How did you add the repository, do you have a link?

I normally use the following for third party repositories so it uses and imports the key;

zypper ar -f -g -n "Name of Repo" <url to folder with *.repo present> <repo-alias-to-use>

First method)

SLE Administration Guide => chaptre “6.2.1 Verifying Package Authenticity”:
https://documentation.suse.com

rpm --import /usr/share/doc/packages/suse-build-key/suse_ptf_key.asc

=> imports SUSE PTF key

Second method)
installation or deinstallation of any gpg key in YAST2 “Repositories”:

yast2 repositories

=> button “gpg key”

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;58919]Hi
How did you add the repository, do you have a link?

I normally use the following for third party repositories so it uses and imports the key;

zypper ar -f -g -n "Name of Repo" <url to folder with *.repo present> <repo-alias-to-use> [/QUOTE]

I tried to do it the way Oracle said and it fails.

The CEO of AT&T once said, to a group of us, Why is it so **** hard to work here?

I love Linux, and in particular SUSE. I’ve used many other distros. I’m not working on the bleeding edge – When I did that, I was writing the code to make a machine match the architecture as published by IBM for the S/370-XA machines. I know what the bleeding edge is. This ain’t it.

Yet I keep falling over things that I just don’t have time to deal with. This is why I stopped using Open SUSE and went to SLED. At least on my installs now, I don’t have to battle to get RAID working, ethernet adapters to work, etc.

That said, why is it so **** hard to get a repository into the system? Did Oracle just decide to give up? I am tired of jumping back and forth between VMware and Vbox. Zen and the others just don’t seem to be friendly. I’m not wanting to install a Hypervisor to then install SLED and then W10. I want W10 as a Guest under SLED.

Meanwhile I am going to migrate off to 15 SP1. And we will see how that goes.

[QUOTE=wylbur;59118]I tried to do it the way Oracle said and it fails.

The CEO of AT&T once said, to a group of us, Why is it so **** hard to work here?

I love Linux, and in particular SUSE. I’ve used many other distros. I’m not working on the bleeding edge – When I did that, I was writing the code to make a machine match the architecture as published by IBM for the S/370-XA machines. I know what the bleeding edge is. This ain’t it.

Yet I keep falling over things that I just don’t have time to deal with. This is why I stopped using Open SUSE and went to SLED. At least on my installs now, I don’t have to battle to get RAID working, ethernet adapters to work, etc.

That said, why is it so **** hard to get a repository into the system? Did Oracle just decide to give up? I am tired of jumping back and forth between VMware and Vbox. Zen and the others just don’t seem to be friendly. I’m not wanting to install a Hypervisor to then install SLED and then W10. I want W10 as a Guest under SLED.

Meanwhile I am going to migrate off to 15 SP1. And we will see how that goes.[/QUOTE]
Hi
Then it’s likely a repository issue at the third party site… the above just works for a properly setup repository, or maybe it’s a yum repository?

KVM/qemu rocks along for me, I can use gpu passthrough for additional gpu cards in the desktop, currently going to add a SATA controller for disk access rather than a disk image. No building of kernel modules, it just works…

Maybe give GNOME Boxes a try out?