Problems getting autoyast2 working on SLES 15

Hi all,

I’m trying to get an autoyast setup working with SLES 15. I’ve generated an autoinst.xml from a manual install of SLES 15, but I cannot seem to use it to automatically install SLES 15. The automated install begins but during the “Configure software selections” step, I get the error:

These packages cannot be found in the software repositories: autoyast2: The package is not available autoyast2-installation: The package is not available

This then prevents the auto-installer from proceeding to stage2 where I need a few additional packages installed (kernel-devel, gcc, make, etc).

I’ve tried this by also enabling my SLES 15 beta registration code in the autoinst.xml file, but with the same results. I’ve included a sanitized autoinst.xml file below - what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Scott

[CODE]<?xml version="1.0"?>

splash=silent quiet showopts auto false false gfxterm 8 false vga=gfx-1024x768x16 grub2 false false false false none true true true true false true false english-us en_US AUTO false delivery.puppetlabs.net sles-15-x86_64 auto delivery.puppetlabs.net true dhcp eth0 yes auto public true true false false false /dev/sda gpt false true swap true swap uuid 130 1 primary false 1610612736 true ext4 true acl,user_xattr / uuid 131 2 primary false 19863158272 CT_DISK all true true 0 true true 0 true true 0 true true 0 graphical sshd true curl openssh kernel-devel sudo gcc wget perl make vim base minimal_base SLES UTC Europe/London true root 0 /root /bin/bash 0 sanitized_password_hash root [/CODE]

sgarman Wrote in message:
[color=blue]

I’m trying to get an autoyast setup working with SLES 15. I’ve generated
an autoinst.xml from a manual install of SLES 15, but I cannot seem to
use it to automatically install SLES 15. The automated install begins
but during the “Configure software selections” step, I get the error:

Code:

These packages cannot be found in the software repositories:

autoyast2: The package is not available
autoyast2-installation: The package is not available

This then prevents the auto-installer from proceeding to stage2 where I
need a few additional packages installed (kernel-devel, gcc, make,
etc).

I’ve tried this by also enabling my SLES 15 beta registration code in
the autoinst.xml file, but with the same results. I’ve included a
sanitized autoinst.xml file below - what am I doing wrong here?[/color]

Since SLES15 is still in its beta phase you should report/ask this
via the SLE Beta mailing list as per
https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#reportissues

HTH.

Simon Flood
SUSE Knowledge Partner

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

@sgarman, i faced the same issue when i tried SLES 15 installation through Network boot. Just adding the solution here so that it might help others.

Difference between SLES 12 and SLES 15 helped me in sorting out the issue. I had extracted the contents of SLES15 Packages DVD to a location which can be accessed through http and refered them in the autoinst.xml file as “add-on”.

[HTTP_OF_PACKAGES_ISO_EXTRACTED] sle-module-basesystem /Module-Basesystem

AutoYast2 and AutoYast2-installation packages are available in ‘Module-Basesystem’.

Hope this helps.

• Vijayasarathy

I am getting same errors after adding the add on packages.

I extracted the contents of Module-Basesystem/x86_64 to a location which can be accessed through http and refered them in the autoinst.xml file as “add-on”.

SLES http://location.com/pacakges/ sle-module-basesystem /Module-Basesystem base minimal_base ethereal glibc-profile postfix wget autofs gdb sudo kernel-source readline Canna Canna-libs FreeWnn FreeWnn-common

Please let me know what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Nausheen

Hi Nausheen,

is it a typo only in your message - or in your XML file, too?

I guess that should have read “packages”?

Regards,
J

Thanks for responding.

The “location.com/pacakges” is not the actual path in my XML file, and yes it is the typo in the message.

Thanks,
Nausheen

Hi Nausheen,

to get an idea of what is happening here, I’d recommend to take a look at the access log of that web server you set up.

If you see the requests from the installing machine, networking should be fine. If you see no requests from the newly installed system, then maybe your networking setup is insufficient (I’m thinking of “using DNS name in the URL, but have no DNS setup available during install” and similar issues).

When you see the requests coming in to the web server, you ought to get an idea of where the installer is looking for files - and if these files are actually served by your web server. If you see 404s for RPMs or crucial meta data files, you could double-check if your setup in the AutoYaST matches the setup of your web server, and adjust accordingly.

Do you see requests for the missing RPMs coming in at the web server? How’s it being responded to and if those responses are 404s, do you actually have the RPM file(s) available at the server, but at a different location?

Regards,
J

From documentation sles-15-autoyast :

[I]The packages autoyast2 and autoyast2-installation have to be installed to run the second stage in the installed system correctly. Otherwise an error will be shown before booting into the installed system.

The second stage can be turned off with the second_stage parameter:
[/I]

<general>
  <mode>
    <confirm config:type="boolean">false</confirm>
    <second_stage config:type="boolean">false</second_stage>
  </mode>
</general>