Rancher HA Stack "Degraded"

Hi James,

I’m changing my architecture for the recommended and reinstalling the environment to see if the reported problems are not happening.

thank you,

Fernando Felicissimo

Hello James,

In my environment this architecture like the drawing below, this would be ideal architecture for Rancher?

Yes, that looks good. Have you had any luck?

Hi James,

If high availability is only the Rancher? And balancing and high availability Hosts Docker as is?
Because when I created the homologation environment and added the 2 Hosts were standalone and without the cluster configurations.

tks,

Fernando Felicissimo

Rancher is HA itself and is capable of orchestrating HA software in your environment. It has features for load balancing, health checks, service discovery, and so much more - all of this runs in containers on hosts in your “homologation” environment.

With 2 hosts, you could deploy an active/active HA deployment of a web application with a load balancer. Rancher is capable of doing all of this for you, all you have to do is build catalog entries. Some examples here.

With 3+ hosts, you could deploy active/passive HA software like etcd.

Is the system stack running well now? Are your 2 hosts registering with Rancher?

Hello James,

The default installation of HA and 02 new hosts were added in the homologation environment until the time this perfect but still this default now I will try to add stacks and containers

tks,

Fernando Felicissimo

Excellent! Let me know if I may further assist you.

Hello James,

My machine driver is presenting error within the tab “Admin \ Settings” screen print below.

tks,

Fernando Felicissimo