rdesktop - Unable to toggle fullscreen.

Hello,

I am a SLED 11 SP2 user and having hard time to toggle my rdesktop session windows to fullscreen. The system is running GNOME along with compiz and the rdesktop window does not let me to make it fullscreen. I have tried many possible shortcut combinations(Ctrl+Alt+Enter or Ctrl+Alt+Pause) but none of them worked. After a research found some reported issues about this on systems running compiz, however, although I have followed the possible solution suggested it’s still not working. ( The suggestion was to disable Legacy fullscreen support from compiz.)

Anyone having/had this problem or any opinions?

Thanks in advance.

I use compiz but I don’t actually have anything I can log in to using rdesktop, so can’t try it myself. You could try FreeRDP instead. FreeRDP is replacing rdesktop (see section 5.1.1. of http://www.novell.com/linux/releasenotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLED/11-SP2/) The executable for FreeRDP is xfreerdp. I don’t think it’s installed by default, so you may need to install the package freerdp.

The version of FreeRDP currently included with SLED is a bit out of date, if it doesn’t solve your problem I can post info on how to build the current version from source. (I’ve had to do this to test connecting to something which requires functionality not in the version included in SLED.)

[QUOTE=mikewillis;12578]I use compiz but I don’t actually have anything I can log in to using rdesktop, so can’t try it myself. You could try FreeRDP instead. FreeRDP is replacing rdesktop (see section 5.1.1. of http://www.novell.com/linux/releasenotes/x86_64/SUSE-SLED/11-SP2/) The executable for FreeRDP is xfreerdp. I don’t think it’s installed by default, so you may need to install the package freerdp.

The version of FreeRDP currently included with SLED is a bit out of date, if it doesn’t solve your problem I can post info on how to build the current version from source. (I’ve had to do this to test connecting to something which requires functionality not in the version included in SLED.)[/QUOTE]

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much. That worked. And even the key combinations are same as rdesktop’s(full screen etc.- I guess it’s because FreeRDP is a fork of original rdesktop)

It somehow was already installed on my computer. (Version 0.8.2-0.6.1)

Syntax same as rdesktop;

xfreerdp -f remote_server

Hope helps to people who may encounter this.

Thanks.