recovery parition after turning into dual boot

Hi,

I had SLED 11 SP3 installed on my laptop and then I installed windows in another partition and now both SLED and windows seem to work OK.

My problem is that I can’t figure out the necessary parameters to configure the SLED recovery partition in boot loader.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ahmed

aabdelkhalek,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your issue been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.suse.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your SUSE Forums Team
http://forums.suse.com

Hi Ahmed,

My problem is that I can’t figure out the necessary parameters to configure the SLED recovery partition in boot loader.

what’s the disk layout, what’s in that partition (“SLED recovery partition” is AFAIK no standard setup of SLED, but rather something the manufacturer pre-loaded on the machine) and what have you tried so far, with what results/errors?

Regards,
Jens

[QUOTE=jmozdzen;30398]Hi Ahmed,

what’s the disk layout, what’s in that partition (“SLED recovery partition” is AFAIK no standard setup of SLED, but rather something the manufacturer pre-loaded on the machine) and what have you tried so far, with what results/errors?

Regards,
Jens[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I have a hardware problem with my laptop and can’t get it to work :frowning:

Anyway, that partition is a means to restore SLED 11 SP2 so in some sense you’re right it is some thing pre-loaded on the machine.

For the disk layout, I will get you the output of df command once I’m able to start the machine.

Thanks,
Ahmed