SLE HAE with DB2

Someone have sample configuration for DB2 resource agent ?

I test it but when I check log in /var/log/message I see DB2 start successfull and some second DB2 stop successfull.

Before DB2 stop, It say Error: DB2 is not working in /var/log/message

anybody have sample db2 with HAE configuration please tell me

Hi supphakorn,

a - no, I don’t have a RA at hand, but have toyed with many of 'em, including self-written ones.

b - you might want to take a look at the agent script and determine what it’s trying to do. Might be as simple as an too early initial check for a functional instance after bringing up the resource.

If we were to assist with debugging, more detailed information is in order. I recommend that you take a closer look at the startup messages and try to determine what’s going wrong. The usual way things operate would be

• the desired state in the CIB is set to “started”
  • the LRM invokes the RA to start the resource (does that work? You might want to manually set up a temp environment and invoke the RA to see what’s actually happening)
  • after the RA reports back success, LRM will periodically invoke the RA to check the resource status

So basically you should check if startup did indeed succeed - or were there errors, probably due to some missing or wrong parameters or because startup took longer than the granted time? If startup seemed ok, did the RA report rc=0 when checking the resource state? If not, why (probably checked to early?)

If you still don’t find your way around this (no-one is going to blame you for that :slight_smile: ) you should provide the resource definition and probably related syslog output.

Regards,
Jens

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 09:34:02 +0000, supphakorn wrote:
[color=blue]

Someone have sample configuration for DB2 resource agent ?

I test it but when I check log in /var/log/message I see DB2 start
successfull and some second DB2 stop successfull.

Before DB2 stop, It say Error: DB2 is not working in /var/log/message[/color]

That sounds like the ‘monitor’ section of the DB2 resource agent is
reporting a failure. You might check to see what that section does, and
make sure that whatever it is that it does, that it works correctly.

David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.