SLES 11.2 in secure mode - alternate home directories

I read all the internet through searching these keywords but still haven’t found answer.
I switched security policy from easy to secure.
Meanwhile I wanted to use an alternate main home directory instead of /home (/dat/home). If I add a new user homed to /dat/home he can not login cause permission denied (not from xterminal, neither with su, not a single file can not be written his home directory). If I add a new user homed to /home he can log in normally.
It is NOT because the wrong directory permissions I checked it, and after slapd installation system made slapd user neither can log into his automatically created /var/lib/slapd home directory beacuse it differs from /home. I think.

How can I manage on SLES 11.2 in secure mode, what folders can I use az home directories?

leonetti@freemail.hu

Hi alfoldgis/leoetti,

[QUOTE=alfoldgis;17103]I read all the internet through searching these keywords but still haven’t found answer.
I switched security policy from easy to secure.[/QUOTE]
what exactly were you doing - switching file permissions to “secure” in YaST Security Center? Activate AppArmor?

[QUOTE=alfoldgis;17103]Meanwhile I wanted to use an alternate main home directory instead of /home (/dat/home). If I add a new user homed to /dat/home he can not login cause permission denied (not from xterminal, neither with su, not a single file can not be written his home directory). If I add a new user homed to /home he can log in normally.
It is NOT because the wrong directory permissions I checked it, and after slapd installation system made slapd user neither can log into his automatically created /var/lib/slapd home directory beacuse it differs from /home. I think.[/QUOTE]
Anything in /var/log/messages when the login fails? I’m unsure which component blocks the login.

Regards,
Jens