SUMA 4 & SALT Questions

We are moving from traditional to Salt and I’m looking for some in depth information.

Before we could change the check-in time of the traditional from 4 hours to whatever, just wondering what the default check-in interval is for a salt minion and where I can see that info, if possible?

Also looking for a manually way to force the minion to check-in with suma. We used to use rhn_check, wondering what equivalent command is for salt.

I’m also looking for where the salt key is on the minion that suma assigns. For troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks

[QUOTE=cisaksen;58781]We are moving from traditional to Salt and I’m looking for some in depth information.

Before we could change the check-in time of the traditional from 4 hours to whatever, just wondering what the default check-in interval is for a salt minion and where I can see that info, if possible?

Also looking for a manually way to force the minion to check-in with suma. We used to use rhn_check, wondering what equivalent command is for salt.

I’m also looking for where the salt key is on the minion that suma assigns. For troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hi
Not running SuMA 4.x yet (3.2.11), but the configuration files are all on the minion and in /etc/salt and the directories below. The configuration bits I think you are looking for are all in the /etc/salt/minion file (including the master key to configure/use).