Suse 12 PPC 32 bit package

To install one application on my Suse 12 PPC, on iseries, i need following package in 32 bit version :
glibc
libgcc
glib2
libstdc++
zlib

In the Yast package manager i find only the 64 bit version, default installed, but the software productor says are needed the 32 bit version and i must get.

Where i get the 32 bit version of package?

I am a linux beginner, this is my first software installation on linux.

Thanks.

Tecnopol,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your issue been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.suse.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your SUSE Forums Team
http://forums.suse.com

Hi Tecnopol,

[QUOTE=Tecnopol;30306]To install one application on my Suse 12 PPC, on iseries, i need following package in 32 bit version :
glibc
libgcc
glib2
libstdc++
zlib

In the Yast package manager i find only the 64 bit version, default installed, but the software productor says are needed the 32 bit version and i must get.

Where i get the 32 bit version of package?

I am a linux beginner, this is my first software installation on linux.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I don’t have any PPC install at hand - by typically, on a 64bit SLES the corresponding 32bit packages have the -32bit suffix in their name.

Unfortunately, not all packages are provided in a 32-on-64bit version, so maybe the software company assumes a 32bit install for their application?

Regards,
Jens

[QUOTE=jmozdzen;30412]Hi Tecnopol,

I don’t have any PPC install at hand - by typically, on a 64bit SLES the corresponding 32bit packages have the -32bit suffix in their name.

Unfortunately, not all packages are provided in a 32-on-64bit version, so maybe the software company assumes a 32bit install for their application?

Regards,
Jens[/QUOTE]

The software company says that download the 32 bit package from Suse, but i don’t find it.