SUSE Manager Disaster recovery

Is it possible to have a DR solution for SUSE Manager. If it is can someone share any working procedures

Hi
Have you seen this document?
https://documentation.suse.com/external-tree/en-us/suma/3.2/susemanager-best-practices/html/book.suma.best.practices/bp.chap.suma.backup.html

Yes I have seen that document which is concerned with rebuilding the current VM. I am more interested, if its even possible, to have a VM on “standby” in a different location to take over the suse manage role in a disaster.

From technologica point of view - there is no reason why it can’t be done.
SUSE HA supports postgresql replication via a master/slave resource. Also it can start & stop systemd services, so you just need to figure out the SUMA config directories and move them to a shared storage.

From support point of view - most probably SUSE can refuse to provide support for such setup, so you should plan and test rebuild of the system from backup.

Another approach could be to use VmWare shadow technology to have an exact copy of the VM.

Hi Thanks for the response. Could SUSE Manager proxy be used as a DR solution? I don’t know much about it.

[{“insert”:"How many registered systems?
Is it possibly easier, in a DR situation, to simply set up a new SUMA and register existing hosts to it?
Just how much you leverage SUMA does affect the answer - if you use a lot of auditing and\/or config management and\/o SALT functionality, then that may not be a good approach.
"}]