Touchscreen support

Hello,
I have a official RPi 7" Touchscreen attached to the pi which doesn’t seem to function as of now. The text based boot does show the splash and some text afterwards but at the end of the boot I lose the display. All I can see on the screen is white backlight with some bars.
dmesg doesn’t seem to show any message related to ft5406 or touchscreen etc. hwinfo isn’t showing anything relevant either.

~Abhishek

[QUOTE=abhichandra;35213]Hello,
I have a official RPi 7" Touchscreen attached to the pi which doesn’t seem to function as of now. [/QUOTE]

Sorry, the touch screen is not supported in SLES. Neither are any other hats or the RPi camera.

There are touch screens that attach to HDMI and USB. Those should work.

Sorry but the touchscreen is not yet enabled

[QUOTE=abhichandra;35213]Hello,
I have a official RPi 7" Touchscreen attached to the pi which doesn’t seem to function as of now. The text based boot does show the splash and some text afterwards but at the end of the boot I lose the display. All I can see on the screen is white backlight with some bars.
dmesg doesn’t seem to show any message related to ft5406 or touchscreen etc. hwinfo isn’t showing anything relevant either.

~Abhishek[/QUOTE]

I have the 7" screen, and although I am not using the touchscreen you can get access to the console by blacklisting a video module. So if your just looking for some cli access then you can use this method.
During boot put in the boot parm into grub modprobe.blacklist=vc4

Is it possible to compile the rpi-ft5406 driver or found in the raspbian source tree and include it or it’s not going to work at all because of other dependencies?

Just FYI, I was able to compile the driver but can’t load it. If this is truly suppported for other reasons, I’d stop tinkering with it.

RPI-SUSE12:~ # make -C /usr/src/linux M=/usr/src/linux/drivers/input/touchscreen/
make: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-4.4.21-81'
  CC [M]  /usr/src/linux/drivers/input/touchscreen//rpi-ft5406.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules
  CC      /usr/src/linux/drivers/input/touchscreen//rpi-ft5406.mod.o
  LD [M]  /usr/src/linux/drivers/input/touchscreen//rpi-ft5406.ko
make: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-4.4.21-81'
RPI-SUSE12:~ # make -C /usr/src/linux M=/usr/src/linux/drivers/input/touchscreen/ modules_install
make: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-4.4.21-81'
  INSTALL /usr/src/linux/drivers/input/touchscreen//rpi-ft5406.ko
  DEPMOD  4.4.21-81-default
make: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-4.4.21-81'
RPI-SUSE12:~ #
[  323.576447] rpi_ft5406: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.

The workaround to add modprobe.blacklist=vc4 to the kernel command line does seem to work. I don’t absolutely need the touchscreen support and would be running headless for the most part but just want to see if I can make it work and test the GUI without attaching an external monitor.

Hi
Did you set /etc/modprobe.d/10-unsupported-modules.conf to 1 ?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.34-33-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;35253]Hi
Did you set /etc/modprobe.d/10-unsupported-modules.conf to 1 ?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.34-33-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks![/QUOTE]

It is set to 1 by default