Unable to Create VM

[QUOTE=carnold6;26659]So, on a completely different SLES 12 install, the exact same thing happens when creating a VM. Here is the log:

libxl: debug: libxl_create.c:1362:do_domain_create: ao 0x7f91b001a0f0: create: how=(nil) callback=(nil) poller=0x7f91b0012b50
xc: error: xc_alloc_hypercall_buffer: mmap failed (11 = Resource temporarily unavailabl): Internal error
libxl: error: libxl.c:570:libxl_list_domain: geting domain info list: Resource temporarily unavailable
libxl: error: libxl.c:314:libxl__domain_rename: unexpected errorchecking for existing domain
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:762:initiate_domain_create: cannot make domain: -5
libxl: error: libxl_dm.c:1494:kill_device_model: unable to find device model pid in /local/domain/1/image/device-model-pid
libxl: error: libxl.c:1507:libxl__destroy_domid: libxl__destroy_device_model failed for 1
libxl: debug: libxl_event.c:1591:libxl__ao_complete: ao 0x7f91b001a0f0: complete, rc=-3
libxl: debug: libxl_create.c:1376:do_domain_create: ao 0x7f91b001a0f0: inprogress: poller=0x7f91b0012b50, flags=ic
libxl: debug: libxl_event.c:1563:libxl__ao__destroy: ao 0x7f91b001a0f0: destroy
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: total allocations:34 total releases:33
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: current allocations:1 maximum allocations:3
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache current size:2
xc: debug: hypercall buffer: cache hits:31 misses:2 toobig:1

This is only with Xen and Xen tools installed (no KVM)[/QUOTE]

OK, not sure if this fixed it or not but i turned off apparmor and rebooted the server. Then i was able to create a VM

the solution was to disable apparmor like carnold6 above ( unswitch yast → apparmor config → settings → enable). Apparmor is started by default in SLES 12. It is possible to disable apparmor only for libvirtd.

mfg
Manfred

[QUOTE=mhuels;26682]the solution was to disable apparmor like carnold6 above ( unswitch yast → apparmor config → settings → enable). Apparmor is started by default in SLES 12. It is possible to disable apparmor only for libvirtd.

mfg
Manfred[/QUOTE]

Hi manfred,
I have read on the internet where you can whitelist the libvirtd service in the apparmor profile but i just stopped it by disabling and then using:

sudo systemctl stop app.armor.service

on SLES12

Hi carnold6,

OK, not sure if this fixed it or not but i turned off apparmor and rebooted the server. Then i was able to create a VM

with Manfred reporting this as a work-around for him, too - this makes it look like the “wall” that’s hit by mmap() is not with ulimtis (as suspected by me), but rather AppArmor.

Good find, and thank you for sharing the result!

Regards,
Jens