Upgrading 12SP5 with openssl1.1.1

@Ramakrishna Hi, then your custom rpms need to be rebuilt with the later version of openssl…

@malcolmlewis I have manually made openssl to 1.1.1d version and my current version is
openssl version -a
OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019

platform: linux-x86_64
options: bn(64,64) rc4(16x,int) des(int) blowfish(ptr)
compiler: gcc -fPIC -pthread -m64 -Wa,–noexecstack -Wall -O3 -fmessage-length=0 -grecord-gcc-switches -fstack-protector -O2 -Wall -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -g -std=gnu99 -Wa,–noexecstack -fno-common -Wall -DOPENSSL_USE_NODELETE -DL_ENDIAN -DOPENSSL_PIC -DOPENSSL_CPUID_OBJ -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DKECCAK1600_ASM -DRC4_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DGHASH_ASM -DECP_NISTZ256_ASM -DX25519_ASM -DPOLY1305_ASM -DNDEBUG -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -DTERMIO -DPURIFY -D_GNU_SOURCE -DOPENSSL_NO_BUF_FREELISTS
OPENSSLDIR: “/etc/ssl”
ENGINESDIR: “/usr/lib64/engines-1.1”
Seeding source: os-specific

It still have 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 d as well. and removing 1.0.2 is removing all dependencies. So we decided to keep as it is. So I have one query here, how can you make sure that my machine is using only 1.1.1d not 1.0.2. I mean is there any way to test that?

@Ramakrishna Hi, I would check the output from openssl version -a and pop into /usr and run fgrep -r "ENGINESDIR" *