Where is "lsb" package? needed to run flexlm license manager

Hello,
On my SLED 11 SP3 workstation, the “lsb” package is not installed. It does not seem to be in the SDK, and I can’t find a version for SP3 on opensuse.org. I need this in order to run the flexlm license manager used by Exelis IDL application. Apparently the current version of flexlm requires “lsb”. Does anyone know where I can find this or am I out of luck?
Thanks for your time,
Alison

Hi
It’s in the SLED 11 SP3 Pool?

zypper if lsb

Refreshing service 'spacewalk'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

Information for package lsb:

Repository: SLED11-SP3-Pool for x86_64
Name: lsb
Version: 4.0-2.4.21
Arch: x86_64
Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Support Level: Level 3
Installed: No
Installed Size: 3.0 KiB
Summary: Linux Standard Base Core
Description:
Necessary files and dependencies for the Linux Standard Base (LSB)
Core.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.2 Kernel 3.11.6-4-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

Yes that is exactly what I need - how do I find that repository? I don’t have it. I registered with NCC, which automatically added SLE11-SDK-* repositories, but that’s all. Can you please tell me how to add the repository in your post?
Thanks,
Alison

Hi
YaST-> Other-> Customer Center Configuration to re-register the system.
This should add the repositories. Sometimes the akamai mirrors play up
I think…

Hi,
Tried your suggestion, but no luck. I deleted my system from NCC and re-registered, but same result. I see only SLE11-SDK-* repositories added.
Alison

Hi
And you add a registration code?

You mean activation code? no, it said that was optional. I left that blank and continued, it told me that my registration was successful.
My system was pre-installed by HP. I didn’t receive any sort of code, was I supposed to have received one?
Alison

Hi
Ahh, HP have there own repo’s and procedures which are added with their
registration code (I think it’s on the bottom of the computer?). Is
there nothing in the documentation about that? There is probably an
application on the system (maybe hp- in /usr/sbin (not
hp-setup that’s for the printers.

Else you need to contact HP Support for them to guide you on the
correct procedure to activate. If you still have a problem, post back
and will see what we can do.

I did not receive any documentation regarding SLED, or any mention of registration. I have an icon in yast for NCC which is how I found the registration process, and a Welcome web page which points me to SUSE website for info about SLED which is how I found this forum. A google search turned up a help page on the Novell website which says I should be able to register my HP product without a subscription for 90 days. Maybe that was misleading. Anyway, thanks for your help. I will try HP support.
Alison

Hello,
To wrap up this thread, I will report that I’ve solved my issue. Turns out there is an iso file on my system which contains the binary packages. I did not know that I was supposed to manually add this iso file as a repository. Once I did that, the packages appeared in my list of software and I was able to install what I needed. It would have been nice if HP had supplied instruction, but I guess they figure if you are buying SLED you already know what to do. Anyway, I know now.
Thanks for your help,
Alison

[QUOTE=awalker678;18739]Hello,
To wrap up this thread, I will report that I’ve solved my issue. Turns out there is an iso file on my system which contains the binary packages. I did not know that I was supposed to manually add this iso file as a repository. Once I did that, the packages appeared in my list of software and I was able to install what I needed. It would have been nice if HP had supplied instruction, but I guess they figure if you are buying SLED you already know what to do. Anyway, I know now.
Thanks for your help,
Alison[/QUOTE]
Hi
Thanks for the update :slight_smile: On question, did you get this information about enabling the iso image repository from HP Support, or elsewhere?

No, I had not yet managed to reach HP support, and In the end I just figured it out. I knew I had iso files to burn a boot disk, but I hadn’t realized that an iso could also be added as a software repository. Once I realized that, I just tried adding all the iso files on the system until I found the one that worked.
Alison

Hi Alison,

I was supposed to manually add this iso file as a repository.

this won’t get you any updates, though. Those are distributed via online repositories, which will have to be added to the system.

If your license would have been from SUSE, you’d have received a license code with your package that you enter during registration. Then the (system and update) repositories are added automagically.

Since this is an HP-supplied license, some things may work differently. I found this document https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7002791 (for SLED10) stating that you’ll have to buy a support pack from HP to receive updates and that the registration key comes with that support pack.

Regards,
Jens