Wrong IP given to Pod

Hello,

I’m using Calico as the CNI in my Rancher launched K8s cluster.

The calico IP pool is the following :

When I deploy a Pod, it gets a correct IP (10.42.X.X). However, sometime the Pod is restarted and gets a wriong IP (172.17.X.X.). It seems that 172.17.X.X is the docker0 bridge ip pool.

Have you an idea on why it gives sometimes a wrong ip ? Have you got the same issue ?

Regards

Can you do a kubectl cluster-info dump | grep -m 1 cluster-cidr

Here is the cluster-cidr :

# ps -ef | grep "cluster-cidr"
root      1918  1839  0 Nov19 ?        00:07:43 kube-proxy --v=2 --healthz-bind-address=127.0.0.1 --cluster-cidr=10.42.0.0/16 ... ... ...
root      5909  5859  1 08:37 ?        00:00:05 kube-controller-manager --cloud-provider= --cluster-cidr=10.42.0.0/16 ... ... ...

No one has got the same kind of issue ?

Regards

Ok, so it is a bug related to Rancher :

Hi @pcasis
we had the same issue on one cluster. Pods running on one specific worker-node got the pod IP from docker-bridge. Drain, delete and reconfigure this worker-node helped.
Maybe that’s related to Kubernetes upgrade to 1.16.3.

How can we monitor stuff like this? We came only across this issue because of application connection errors.

Our Kubernetes version is 1.15.

Good question :slight_smile: We’ve enabled Monitoring and Logs tools (Grafana/Prometheus/Loki). But those containers are impacted by the IP issue so we can’t really investigate on it … :cry: