Zypper patching using file as input

Hello ,

I have a scenario where in i have to patch the server running a application (SLES12sp3) . The server is build with limited set of rpm’s . Now i need to find out a way so that i can search for updates and download only rpm’s specified . For example 300 rpm’s specified in a file as a input to zypper .
I have enrolled for free subscription on SUSE and got 60 day free period for trying this case.Till now i am not getting this job done .
Any help would be helpfull.

[QUOTE=khandv4;58810]Hello ,

I have a scenario where in i have to patch the server running a application (SLES12sp3) . The server is build with limited set of rpm’s . Now i need to find out a way so that i can search for updates and download only rpm’s specified . For example 300 rpm’s specified in a file as a input to zypper .
I have enrolled for free subscription on SUSE and got 60 day free period for trying this case.Till now i am not getting this job done .
Any help would be helpfull.[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:
I would suggest grabbing the one year developer (free) license, de-register the system and then re-register with your developer code to give some extra time…
https://www.suse.com/subscriptions/developer/

You could just download all the updates with zypper --download-only, either all or just patches with --type patch option to the zypper cache and then move them to a plain directory repository to stage your updates.

Thanks Malcom,
However the scenario i am dealing with is i have a server which is acting as a repo host for our application build. The server is custom built with limited set of rpm only all the rpm we get in iso. Also this server is not connected to internet or sles subscription.

Is there a way we can write a script to search for an update maybe weekly and download only the rpm we sceficy along with the dependencies.

[QUOTE=bspteam00;58813]Thanks Malcom,
However the scenario i am dealing with is i have a server which is acting as a repo host for our application build. The server is custom built with limited set of rpm only all the rpm we get in iso. Also this server is not connected to internet or sles subscription.

Is there a way we can write a script to search for an update maybe weekly and download only the rpm we sceficy along with the dependencies.[/QUOTE]
Hi
The only way would be to create a RMT server to download too and then pull files from that. Else you would need to look at the patches output from https://download.suse.com/index.jsp and manually grab.

I either case you could copy the rpms off to say a USB device and configure as a plain rpm repository for the system to update from. You will need an active subscription to get patches or rmt running.