Amanda. Sent report unreadable

I’m using Amanda for backup, the version 2.5.2.1 included on SLES. Running amreport, as configured, I receive the e-mail with attached the backup report, but it’s about 10 days that this report is unreadable, like if write with a unknown character code. The same happen at the end of every backup.
It seem that a strange character code is used, but nothing was changed in configuration file e nothing I’ve found on documentation about character code or something like.
amreport, with –f option, creates the right and readable report on the selected file.

Thanks for your help,
Fabrizio.

[QUOTE=restori;15241]I’m using Amanda for backup, the version 2.5.2.1 included on SLES. Running amreport, as configured, I receive the e-mail with attached the backup report, but it’s about 10 days that this report is unreadable, like if write with a unknown character code. The same happen at the end of every backup.
It seem that a strange character code is used, but nothing was changed in configuration file e nothing I’ve found on documentation about character code or something like.
amreport, with –f option, creates the right and readable report on the selected file.

Thanks for your help,
Fabrizio.[/QUOTE]
Hi
So the -f provides a legible report, what happens if you then mail the report, does it then change the character set? To me it sounds like the mail sending is the issue and not the amanda utility. Have changes been made to the system mailing daemon?

You was right, the problem was the antivirus on mail system.
After moving my attention from Amanda to e-mail server, was easy to find the solution and exclude amanda’s mail from virus scan.
Thank you very much.

Fabrizio