I’m having a great deal of trouble when trying to get Apache and mod_jk to work with Tomcat.
I have 2 Sles12 server, one with Apache and mod_jk installed and another with Apache and Tomcat.
I have verified the that Apache works on server one and that I’m able to access Tomcat pages on server two.
So separately everything works.
Then I want server one to be my “frontend” for Tomcat and therefore i have tried to configure mod_jk.
So far have I installed mod_jk, verified that it’s loaded in to Apache and created and modified some config files…
Here is my config files
# the /showcase context Alias /sample "/srv/tomcat/webapps/sample" <Directory "/srv/tomcat/webapps/sample"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Require all granted </Directory>
JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
#JkMount /sample worker1
JkMount /.jsp worker1
JkMount /sample/ worker1[/CODE]
Since it’s my own test environment i have disabled firewalls and i have verified the communications between the servers, including adding host names to my local host file.