Application for fixing .avi files?

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with AVI format files and I’m looking for an application to fix them (so, hopefully, it’s the right section of the forum).

When I tried to play several movies (AVI format) on Totem, all I could hear was a heavily distorted or no sound at all. Then, I decided to try it on a different player to see whether it’s a problem with Totem, so I tried to play them on Banshee. Same thing again…
I noticed, however, that some .avi files seem to be all OK, while audio of others seem to be faulty (I should probably note that there are no problems with video). I suspect that these files got damaged somehow after the upgrade to SLED 11 SP2, as I had been able to play the files before without any trouble. Files of other formats, such as MP4, seem to be fine.

I have tried to look for some programs for fixing these files, however, I couldn’t find any application for SLED. If anyone happens to know such application, I would appreciate if you could tell me.
Also, I’m quite curious about why this happened, especially if it’s because of the upgrade. Does anyone else have a similar problem or have any idea about this?

Thank you.

I really can’t imagine how an upgrade to SP2 would damage some, or indeed, any, of your .avi files. I think what’s more likely the case is that the codec and/or software being used to play back the avi files has got changed as a result of the upgrade and as a result, some of them do not play properly. .avi files are not all equal. It may be that the ones which you’re having trouble with have the audio encoded differently to the ones which still play OK.

What exactly did you do to make the avi files play on SP1? I’m guessing you installed additional gstreamer plugins, but where did you get them from?

[QUOTE=mikewillis;11484]I really can’t imagine how an upgrade to SP2 would damage some, or indeed, any, of your .avi files. I think what’s more likely the case is that the codec and/or software being used to play back the avi files has got changed as a result of the upgrade and as a result, some of them do not play properly. .avi files are not all equal. It may be that the ones which you’re having trouble with have the audio encoded differently to the ones which still play OK.

What exactly did you do to make the avi files play on SP1? I’m guessing you installed additional gstreamer plugins, but where did you get them from?[/QUOTE]

Well, I’m not saying that the files were damaged for sure, that was purely my opinion. I’m not too good at these things.

I did all according to this http://www.novell.com/communities/node/13146/additional-multimedia-codec-support-sled-11-sp1 for the movies and so on, to work correctly. If I recall correctly, you suggested doing that :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Hmmm, well I guess try removing that stuff and re-running the build script. I’ve not idea what happens to that stuff after a Service Pack update as when I updated from SP1 to SP2 I also moved from 32bit to 64bit and hence did a re-install.

If you want to try it, your post has made me finally got around to making an SP2 version of what I uploaded to Cool Solutions. : [ removed because it contained an error ]
I’ve had this stuff for SP2 for ages, I’ve just never got around to updating what I uploaded to Cool Solutions. Very lazy of me, especially when you consider it’s pretty much exactly the same as the SP1 version. It just uses newer versions of the gstreamer-plugins stuff and it also needs yasm and libstdc++46-devel from the SLED/SLE-SDK repos.

[QUOTE=mikewillis;11509]Hmmm, well I guess try removing that stuff and re-running the build script. I’ve not idea what happens to that stuff after a Service Pack update as when I updated from SP1 to SP2 I also moved from 32bit to 64bit and hence did a re-install.

If you want to try it, your post has made me finally got around to making an SP2 version of what I uploaded to Cool Solutions. : [ removed because it contained an error ]
I’ve had this stuff for SP2 for ages, I’ve just never got around to updating what I uploaded to Cool Solutions. Very lazy of me, especially when you consider it’s pretty much exactly the same as the SP1 version. It just uses newer versions of the gstreamer-plugins stuff and it also needs yasm and libstdc++46-devel from the SLED/SLE-SDK repos.[/QUOTE]

I think I’ll have a go with that. One question though, how do I remove the previous stuff? Since during the install, I did not need to select anything manually (as far as I remember), so I have no idea, what to remove and, obviously, I don’t want to mess up something by deleting randomly.

Thanks.

Well by default the script gives you two options for how to use the result, you can install the rpm that gets built or just manually copy various files to various locations. So how you remove it depends on which of those you did. I’d start by seeing if you’ve got the rpm installed

$ rpm -qa | grep -i multimedia

[QUOTE=mikewillis;11523]Well by default the script gives you two options for how to use the result, you can install the rpm that gets built or just manually copy various files to various locations. So how you remove it depends on which of those you did. I’d start by seeing if you’ve got the rpm installed

$ rpm -qa | grep -i multimedia[/QUOTE]

Yes, it seems to have been installed as rpm. However, when I try to uninstall it using

rpm -e multimediacodecs-1.0-1315938051

I get an error related to dependencies:

error: Failed dependencies: libgstbasevideo-0.10.so.0 is needed by (installed) gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-0.10.22-7.9.63.i586 libgstphotography-0.10.so.0 is needed by (installed) libgstbasecamerabinsrc-0_10-0-0.10.22-7.9.63.i586 libgstphotography-0.10.so.0 is needed by (installed) gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-0.10.22-7.9.63.i586 libgstsignalprocessor-0.10.so.0 is needed by (installed) gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-0.10.22-7.9.63.i586

Is it safe to just remove the package while ignoring these dependencies or should I do something about them beforehand?

Thanks.

I’d just remove the package with the rpm --nodeps option. You’ll be re-installing a new rpm with those files in anyway.

Also, I wonder if you might still have versions of those files even without the multimediacodecs package and rpm just doesn’t realise that for whatever reason E.g. libgstphotography-0.10.so.0.0.0 can also be provided by the libgstphotography package which I would expect to be installed as a dependency of libgstbasecamerabinsrc.

[QUOTE=mikewillis;11588]I’d just remove the package with the rpm --nodeps option. You’ll be re-installing a new rpm with those files in anyway.

Also, I wonder if you might still have versions of those files even without the multimediacodecs package and rpm just doesn’t realise that for whatever reason E.g. libgstphotography-0.10.so.0.0.0 can also be provided by the libgstphotography package which I would expect to be installed as a dependency of libgstbasecamerabinsrc.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I followed the steps in README, however, for some reason, rpm wasn’t build. Thus, I tried to follow the 3 alternative steps. I think I managed to do the first two of them correctly, however, I don’t know how to set the GST_PLUGIN_PATH variable (it’s due to my lack of knowledge of linux). I tried to create bash.bashrc.local file and copy the export line in there. After that, I just get these lines whenever I open terminal:

bash: /etc/bash.bashrc.local: line 3: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' bash: /etc/bash.bashrc.local: line 4: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Could you give me a detailed explanation, how I should complete that 3rd step?

Thank you

[QUOTE=PauliusC;11614]

bash: /etc/bash.bashrc.local: line 3: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' bash: /etc/bash.bashrc.local: line 4: syntax error: unexpected end of file [/QUOTE]
Looks like you’ve missed a " somewhere. Can you post exactly what you’ve added to /etc/bash.bashrc.local ?

If the rpm didn’t build, are you sure everything else did?

[QUOTE=mikewillis;11616]Looks like you’ve missed a " somewhere. Can you post exactly what you’ve added to /etc/bash.bashrc.local ?

If the rpm didn’t build, are you sure everything else did?[/QUOTE]

I basically copied the line from README:

export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/multimedia/lib/gstreamer-0.10/:${GST_PLUGIN_PATH}"

I really can’t say that I’m sure about whether everything else was successful. I have no idea how to verify something like that.

Thank you.

So that’s my fault then because that’s not valid. It should be

export GST_PLUGIN_PATH="/opt/multimedia/lib/gstreamer-0.10/:${GST_PLUGIN_PATH}"

Sorry about that.

[QUOTE=mikewillis;11621]So that’s my fault then because that’s not valid. It should be

export GST_PLUGIN_PATH="/opt/multimedia/lib/gstreamer-0.10/:${GST_PLUGIN_PATH}"

Sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

This fixed the issue with terminal. However, the files still cannot be played with Totem or Banshee, i get the following error:

[QUOTE=PauliusC;11622]This fixed the issue with terminal. However, the files still cannot be played with Totem or Banshee, i get the following error:

[/QUOTE]
This a file that you were able to play under SP1, yes?

Did you log out and in again since fixing the issue with /etc/bash.bashrc.local ? If not do so then try again.

If things still don’t work, I think you need to go look at the build process again. You said the rpm didn’t build, finding out why might be enlightening. The reason it failed to build should be printed out at some point.
Make sure you have the SLE-SDK SP2 repos set up and that you have all the dependencies installed.

[QUOTE=mikewillis;11624]This a file that you were able to play under SP1, yes?

Did you log out and in again since fixing the issue with /etc/bash.bashrc.local ? If not do so then try again.

If things still don’t work, I think you need to go look at the build process again. You said the rpm didn’t build, finding out why might be enlightening. The reason it failed to build should be printed out at some point.
Make sure you have the SLE-SDK SP2 repos set up and that you have all the dependencies installed.[/QUOTE]

Relogging fixed part of the issue, only one codec missing now.

However, I will probably have to do it all over again. For some reason I assumed that sle-sdk repositories updated during migration (similarly to SLED repositories). Of course, they didn’t, which means I don’t have SP2 versions. I’m downloading those right now.

Will I need to somehow “undo” the things I’ve already done?

Thank you.

[QUOTE=PauliusC;11625]Relogging fixed part of the issue, only one codec missing now.

However, I will probably have to do it all over again. For some reason I assumed that sle-sdk repositories updated during migration (similarly to SLED repositories). Of course, they didn’t, which means I don’t have SP2 versions. I’m downloading those right now.

Will I need to somehow “undo” the things I’ve already done?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Ignore the above, SLE11-SDK-SP2-Core, SLE11-SDK-SP2-Updates repos seem to have been enabled before, I confused them with a few SP1 repos (Pool and Updates). I also downloaded the 2 .ISO files from Novell and it still doesn’t build the rpm. In the terminal window, I’ve seen a number of warnings and several errors in the end. Here’s the end of the code:

libavcodec/aac_adtstoasc_bsf.c: In function ‘aac_adtstoasc_filter’:
libavcodec/aac_adtstoasc_bsf.c:51: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/aac_adtstoasc_bsf.c:104: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/aac_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/aaccoder.o
CC	libavcodec/aacenc.o
CC	libavcodec/aacpsy.o
CC	libavcodec/aacsbr.o
CC	libavcodec/aactab.o
CC	libavcodec/aandcttab.o
CC	libavcodec/aasc.o
CC	libavcodec/ac3.o
libavcodec/aacsbr.c: In function ‘ff_sbr_apply’:
libavcodec/aacsbr.c:1736: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘sbr_lf_gen’ from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/aacsbr.c:1738: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘sbr_hf_inverse_filter’ from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/aacsbr.c:1742: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘sbr_hf_gen’ from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/aacsbr.c:1742: warning: passing argument 5 of ‘sbr_hf_gen’ from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/aacsbr.c:1742: warning: passing argument 6 of ‘sbr_hf_gen’ from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/aacsbr.c:1749: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘sbr_hf_assemble’ from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/aacsbr.c:1753: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘sbr_x_gen’ from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/aacsbr.c:1753: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘sbr_x_gen’ from incompatible pointer type
CC	libavcodec/ac3_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/ac3dec.o
CC	libavcodec/ac3dec_data.o
CC	libavcodec/ac3enc.o
CC	libavcodec/ac3tab.o
CC	libavcodec/acelp_filters.o
CC	libavcodec/acelp_pitch_delay.o
libavcodec/acelp_pitch_delay.c: In function ‘ff_acelp_decode_gain_code’:
libavcodec/acelp_pitch_delay.c:118: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘dsp->scalarproduct_int16’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/acelp_pitch_delay.c:118: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘dsp->scalarproduct_int16’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/acelp_vectors.o
CC	libavcodec/adpcm.o
CC	libavcodec/adxdec.o
CC	libavcodec/adxenc.o
CC	libavcodec/alac.o
CC	libavcodec/alacenc.o
CC	libavcodec/allcodecs.o
CC	libavcodec/alsdec.o
CC	libavcodec/amrnbdec.o
CC	libavcodec/anm.o
CC	libavcodec/apedec.o
CC	libavcodec/asv1.o
CC	libavcodec/atrac.o
CC	libavcodec/atrac1.o
CC	libavcodec/atrac3.o
CC	libavcodec/audioconvert.o
CC	libavcodec/aura.o
CC	libavcodec/avfft.o
CC	libavcodec/avpacket.o
CC	libavcodec/avs.o
libavcodec/avpacket.c: In function ‘av_dup_packet’:
libavcodec/avpacket.c:76: warning: ‘av_destruct_packet_nofree’ is deprecated (declared at libavcodec/avpacket.c:26)
CC	libavcodec/bethsoftvideo.o
libavcodec/avs.c: In function ‘avs_decode_frame’:
libavcodec/avs.c:59: warning: ‘change_map.buffer’ may be used uninitialized in this function
CC	libavcodec/bfi.o
CC	libavcodec/bgmc.o
CC	libavcodec/bink.o
CC	libavcodec/binkaudio.o
CC	libavcodec/binkidct.o
CC	libavcodec/bitstream.o
CC	libavcodec/bitstream_filter.o
CC	libavcodec/bmp.o
libavcodec/bitstream_filter.c: In function ‘av_bitstream_filter_filter’:
libavcodec/bitstream_filter.c:62: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/bmpenc.o
CC	libavcodec/c93.o
libavcodec/bmp.c: In function ‘bmp_decode_frame’:
libavcodec/bmp.c:51: warning: ‘rgb[1]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/bmp.c:51: warning: ‘rgb[2]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
CC	libavcodec/cabac.o
CC	libavcodec/cavs_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/cdgraphics.o
CC	libavcodec/celp_filters.o
CC	libavcodec/celp_math.o
CC	libavcodec/cga_data.o
CC	libavcodec/cinepak.o
CC	libavcodec/cljr.o
CC	libavcodec/cook.o
CC	libavcodec/cscd.o
CC	libavcodec/cyuv.o
CC	libavcodec/dca.o
CC	libavcodec/dca_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/dcadsp.o
CC	libavcodec/dct.o
CC	libavcodec/dirac.o
CC	libavcodec/dirac_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/dnxhd_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/dnxhddata.o
CC	libavcodec/dnxhddec.o
CC	libavcodec/dnxhdenc.o
CC	libavcodec/dpcm.o
CC	libavcodec/dpx.o
CC	libavcodec/dsicinav.o
CC	libavcodec/dsputil.o
CC	libavcodec/dump_extradata_bsf.o
CC	libavcodec/dv.o
libavcodec/dv.c: In function ‘dvvideo_decode_frame’:
libavcodec/dv.c:1107: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/dvbsub.o
CC	libavcodec/dvbsub_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/dvbsubdec.o
CC	libavcodec/dvdata.o
CC	libavcodec/dvdsub_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/dvdsubdec.o
CC	libavcodec/dvdsubenc.o
CC	libavcodec/dwt.o
CC	libavcodec/dxa.o
CC	libavcodec/eac3dec.o
CC	libavcodec/eac3dec_data.o
CC	libavcodec/eacmv.o
CC	libavcodec/eaidct.o
CC	libavcodec/eamad.o
CC	libavcodec/eatgq.o
CC	libavcodec/eatgv.o
CC	libavcodec/eatqi.o
CC	libavcodec/elbg.o
CC	libavcodec/error_resilience.o
CC	libavcodec/escape124.o
libavcodec/h264.h:1256: warning: ‘decode_mb_skip’ defined but not used
CC	libavcodec/eval.o
CC	libavcodec/faandct.o
CC	libavcodec/faanidct.o
CC	libavcodec/faxcompr.o
CC	libavcodec/fft.o
CC	libavcodec/ffv1.o
CC	libavcodec/flac.o
CC	libavcodec/flacdata.o
CC	libavcodec/flacdec.o
CC	libavcodec/flashsv.o
libavcodec/flashsv.c: In function ‘flashsv_decode_frame’:
libavcodec/flashsv.c:202: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/flashsvenc.o
CC	libavcodec/flicvideo.o
CC	libavcodec/flvdec.o
CC	libavcodec/flvenc.o
CC	libavcodec/fraps.o
CC	libavcodec/frwu.o
CC	libavcodec/g726.o
CC	libavcodec/gif.o
CC	libavcodec/gifdec.o
CC	libavcodec/golomb.o
CC	libavcodec/h261.o
CC	libavcodec/h261_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/h261dec.o
CC	libavcodec/h261enc.o
CC	libavcodec/h263.o
CC	libavcodec/h263_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/h263dec.o
CC	libavcodec/h264.o
CC	libavcodec/h264_cabac.o
libavcodec/h264.c: In function ‘fill_filter_caches’:
libavcodec/h264.c:2309: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/h264.c:2386: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/h264.c:2401: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/h264.c: At top level:
CC	libavcodec/h264_cavlc.o
libavcodec/h264_cavlc.c: In function ‘decode_residual’:
libavcodec/h264_cavlc.c:411: warning: suggest parentheses around comparison in operand of &
CC	libavcodec/h264_direct.o
libavcodec/h264_direct.c: In function ‘pred_spatial_direct_motion’:
libavcodec/h264_direct.c:263: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/h264_direct.c:264: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/h264_direct.c: In function ‘pred_temp_direct_motion’:
libavcodec/h264_direct.c:443: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/h264_direct.c:444: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/h264_direct.c: At top level:
libavcodec/h264.c: In function ‘decode_nal_units’:
libavcodec/h264.c:2704: warning: array subscript is below array bounds
CC	libavcodec/h264_loopfilter.o
CC	libavcodec/h264_mp4toannexb_bsf.o
libavcodec/h264_loopfilter.c: In function ‘check_mv’:
libavcodec/h264_loopfilter.c:427: warning: suggest parentheses around comparison in operand of |
libavcodec/h264_loopfilter.c:432: warning: suggest parentheses around comparison in operand of |
libavcodec/h264_loopfilter.c:433: warning: suggest parentheses around comparison in operand of |
libavcodec/h264_loopfilter.c:437: warning: suggest parentheses around comparison in operand of |
libavcodec/h264_loopfilter.c:441: warning: suggest parentheses around comparison in operand of |
libavcodec/h264_loopfilter.c:442: warning: suggest parentheses around comparison in operand of |
libavcodec/h264_loopfilter.c:443: warning: suggest parentheses around comparison in operand of |
libavcodec/h264_mp4toannexb_bsf.c: In function ‘h264_mp4toannexb_filter’:
libavcodec/h264_mp4toannexb_bsf.c:64: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/h264_loopfilter.c: At top level:
CC	libavcodec/h264_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/h264_ps.o
CC	libavcodec/h264_refs.o
CC	libavcodec/h264_sei.o
CC	libavcodec/h264dsp.o
CC	libavcodec/h264idct.o
CC	libavcodec/h264pred.o
CC	libavcodec/huffman.o
CC	libavcodec/huffyuv.o
CC	libavcodec/idcinvideo.o
libavcodec/idcinvideo.c: In function ‘idcin_decode_frame’:
libavcodec/idcinvideo.c:216: warning: ‘AVPaletteControl’ is deprecated
CC	libavcodec/iff.o
CC	libavcodec/iirfilter.o
CC	libavcodec/imc.o
CC	libavcodec/imgconvert.o
CC	libavcodec/imx_dump_header_bsf.o
In file included from libavcodec/imgconvert.c:41:
libavcodec/x86/mmx.h:24:2: warning: #warning Everything in this header is deprecated, use plain __asm__()! New code using this header will be rejected.
CC	libavcodec/indeo2.o
CC	libavcodec/indeo3.o
CC	libavcodec/indeo5.o
CC	libavcodec/intelh263dec.o
CC	libavcodec/interplayvideo.o
libavcodec/interplayvideo.c: In function ‘ipvideo_decode_frame’:
libavcodec/interplayvideo.c:1045: warning: ‘AVPaletteControl’ is deprecated
CC	libavcodec/intrax8.o
CC	libavcodec/intrax8dsp.o
CC	libavcodec/ituh263dec.o
CC	libavcodec/ituh263enc.o
CC	libavcodec/ivi_common.o
libavcodec/ivi_common.c: In function ‘ff_ivi_decode_blocks’:
libavcodec/ivi_common.c:336: warning: ‘sym’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_common.c:333: warning: ‘mv_y’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_common.c:333: warning: ‘mv_x’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_common.c:333: warning: ‘mc_type’ may be used uninitialized in this function
CC	libavcodec/ivi_dsp.o
CC	libavcodec/jfdctfst.o
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c: In function ‘ff_ivi_recompose53’:
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:41: warning: ‘b3_9’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:41: warning: ‘b3_8’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:41: warning: ‘b3_6’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:41: warning: ‘b3_5’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:41: warning: ‘b3_3’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:41: warning: ‘b3_2’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:40: warning: ‘b2_6’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:40: warning: ‘b2_5’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:40: warning: ‘b2_3’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:40: warning: ‘b2_2’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:40: warning: ‘b1_3’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:40: warning: ‘b1_2’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:40: warning: ‘b1_1’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:40: warning: ‘b0_2’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/ivi_dsp.c:40: warning: ‘b0_1’ may be used uninitialized in this function
CC	libavcodec/jfdctint.o
CC	libavcodec/jpegls.o
CC	libavcodec/jpeglsdec.o
CC	libavcodec/jpeglsenc.o
CC	libavcodec/jrevdct.o
CC	libavcodec/kgv1dec.o
CC	libavcodec/kmvc.o
CC	libavcodec/lcldec.o
libavcodec/lcldec.c: In function ‘zlib_decomp’:
libavcodec/lcldec.c:136: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/lcldec.c: In function ‘decode_frame’:
libavcodec/lcldec.c:165: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/lclenc.o
CC	libavcodec/ljpegenc.o
CC	libavcodec/loco.o
CC	libavcodec/lpc.o
CC	libavcodec/lsp.o
CC	libavcodec/lzw.o
CC	libavcodec/lzwenc.o
CC	libavcodec/mace.o
CC	libavcodec/mdct.o
CC	libavcodec/mdec.o
CC	libavcodec/mimic.o
CC	libavcodec/mjpeg.o
CC	libavcodec/mjpeg_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/mjpega_dump_header_bsf.o
CC	libavcodec/mjpegbdec.o
CC	libavcodec/mjpegdec.o
CC	libavcodec/mjpegenc.o
CC	libavcodec/mlp.o
CC	libavcodec/mlp_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/mlpdec.o
CC	libavcodec/mlpdsp.o
CC	libavcodec/mmvideo.o
CC	libavcodec/motion_est.o
libavcodec/motion_est.c: In function ‘bidir_refine’:
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1515: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1516: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1520: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1520: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1521: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1522: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1523: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1525: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1526: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1526: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
libavcodec/motion_est.c:1527: warning: large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type
CC	libavcodec/motionpixels.o
CC	libavcodec/movsub_bsf.o
CC	libavcodec/mp3_header_compress_bsf.o
libavcodec/mp3_header_compress_bsf.c: In function ‘mp3_header_compress’:
libavcodec/mp3_header_compress_bsf.c:41: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/mp3_header_decompress_bsf.o
libavcodec/mp3_header_decompress_bsf.c: In function ‘mp3_header_decompress’:
libavcodec/mp3_header_decompress_bsf.c:36: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/mpc.o
CC	libavcodec/mpc7.o
CC	libavcodec/mpc8.o
CC	libavcodec/mpeg12.o
CC	libavcodec/mpeg12data.o
CC	libavcodec/mpeg12enc.o
CC	libavcodec/mpeg4audio.o
CC	libavcodec/mpeg4video.o
CC	libavcodec/mpeg4video_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/mpeg4videodec.o
CC	libavcodec/mpeg4videoenc.o
CC	libavcodec/mpegaudio.o
CC	libavcodec/mpegaudio_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/mpegaudiodata.o
CC	libavcodec/mpegaudiodec.o
CC	libavcodec/mpegaudiodecheader.o
CC	libavcodec/mpegaudioenc.o
CC	libavcodec/mpegvideo.o
CC	libavcodec/mpegvideo_enc.o
CC	libavcodec/mpegvideo_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/mpegvideo_xvmc.o
CC	libavcodec/msmpeg4.o
CC	libavcodec/msmpeg4data.o
CC	libavcodec/msrle.o
CC	libavcodec/msrledec.o
CC	libavcodec/msvideo1.o
CC	libavcodec/nellymoser.o
CC	libavcodec/nellymoserdec.o
CC	libavcodec/nellymoserenc.o
CC	libavcodec/noise_bsf.o
CC	libavcodec/nuv.o
CC	libavcodec/opt.o
libavcodec/nuv.c: In function ‘copy_frame’:
libavcodec/nuv.c:74: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘avpicture_fill’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/options.o
CC	libavcodec/pamenc.o
CC	libavcodec/parser.o
libavcodec/parser.c: In function ‘av_parser_change’:
libavcodec/parser.c:214: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/pcm-mpeg.o
CC	libavcodec/pcm.o
CC	libavcodec/pcx.o
CC	libavcodec/pcxenc.o
CC	libavcodec/pgssubdec.o
CC	libavcodec/png.o
CC	libavcodec/pngdec.o
CC	libavcodec/pngenc.o
libavcodec/pngdec.c: In function ‘png_decode_idat’:
libavcodec/pngdec.c:365: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/pngenc.c: In function ‘png_write_row’:
libavcodec/pngenc.c:217: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/pnm.o
CC	libavcodec/pnm_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/pnmdec.o
libavcodec/pnm_parser.c: In function ‘pnm_parse’:
libavcodec/pnm_parser.c:44: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/pnm_parser.c:45: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/pnmdec.c: In function ‘pnm_decode_frame’:
libavcodec/pnmdec.c:41: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/pnmdec.c:42: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/pnmenc.o
CC	libavcodec/psymodel.o
CC	libavcodec/ptx.o
CC	libavcodec/qcelpdec.o
CC	libavcodec/qdm2.o
CC	libavcodec/qdrw.o
CC	libavcodec/qpeg.o
CC	libavcodec/qtrle.o
CC	libavcodec/qtrleenc.o
CC	libavcodec/r210dec.o
CC	libavcodec/ra144.o
CC	libavcodec/ra288.o
CC	libavcodec/rangecoder.o
libavcodec/rangecoder.c: In function ‘ff_init_range_decoder’:
libavcodec/rangecoder.c:54: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/rangecoder.c:56: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘bytestream_get_be16’ from incompatible pointer type
CC	libavcodec/ratecontrol.o
CC	libavcodec/raw.o
CC	libavcodec/rawdec.o
libavcodec/rawdec.c: In function ‘raw_decode’:
libavcodec/rawdec.c:147: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘avpicture_fill’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/rawenc.o
libavcodec/mpegvideo_enc.c: In function ‘encode_thread’:
libavcodec/mpegvideo_enc.c:2368: warning: ‘dc[1]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/mpegvideo_enc.c:2368: warning: ‘dc[2]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/mpegvideo_enc.c:2368: warning: ‘dc[3]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/mpegvideo_enc.c:2368: warning: ‘dc[4]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/mpegvideo_enc.c:2368: warning: ‘dc[5]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
CC	libavcodec/rdft.o
CC	libavcodec/remove_extradata_bsf.o
libavcodec/remove_extradata_bsf.c: In function ‘remove_extradata’:
libavcodec/remove_extradata_bsf.c:45: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/resample.o
CC	libavcodec/resample2.o
CC	libavcodec/rl2.o
CC	libavcodec/rle.o
CC	libavcodec/roqaudioenc.o
CC	libavcodec/roqvideo.o
CC	libavcodec/roqvideodec.o
CC	libavcodec/roqvideoenc.o
CC	libavcodec/rpza.o
CC	libavcodec/rtjpeg.o
CC	libavcodec/rv10.o
CC	libavcodec/rv10enc.o
CC	libavcodec/rv20enc.o
CC	libavcodec/rv30.o
CC	libavcodec/rv30dsp.o
CC	libavcodec/rv34.o
libavcodec/rv34.c: In function ‘rv34_set_deblock_coef’:
libavcodec/rv34.c:1145: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
CC	libavcodec/rv40.o
CC	libavcodec/rv40dsp.o
CC	libavcodec/s3tc.o
CC	libavcodec/sgidec.o
CC	libavcodec/sgienc.o
CC	libavcodec/shorten.o
CC	libavcodec/simple_idct.o
CC	libavcodec/sipr.o
CC	libavcodec/sipr16k.o
CC	libavcodec/smacker.o
CC	libavcodec/smc.o
CC	libavcodec/snow.o
CC	libavcodec/sonic.o
CC	libavcodec/sp5xdec.o
CC	libavcodec/sunrast.o
CC	libavcodec/svq1.o
CC	libavcodec/svq1dec.o
CC	libavcodec/svq1enc.o
libavcodec/svq1dec.c: In function ‘svq1_decode_frame’:
libavcodec/svq1dec.c:665: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/svq3.o
libavcodec/svq1enc.c: In function ‘svq1_write_header’:
libavcodec/svq1enc.c:98: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘ff_match_2uint16’ from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/svq3.c: In function ‘svq3_decode_slice_header’:
libavcodec/svq3.c:733: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/svq3.c:736: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/svq3.c: At top level:
libavcodec/svq1dec.c:349: warning: ‘mv.x’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/svq1dec.c:349: note: ‘mv.x’ was declared here
CC	libavcodec/synth_filter.o
CC	libavcodec/targa.o
CC	libavcodec/targaenc.o
CC	libavcodec/tiertexseqv.o
CC	libavcodec/tiff.o
libavcodec/tiff.c: In function ‘tiff_uncompress’:
libavcodec/tiff.c:86: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/tiffenc.o
CC	libavcodec/tmv.o
CC	libavcodec/truemotion1.o
CC	libavcodec/truemotion2.o
CC	libavcodec/truespeech.o
CC	libavcodec/tscc.o
libavcodec/tscc.c: In function ‘decode_frame’:
libavcodec/tscc.c:97: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/tta.o
CC	libavcodec/twinvq.o
CC	libavcodec/txd.o
CC	libavcodec/ulti.o
CC	libavcodec/utils.o
libavcodec/utils.c: In function ‘avcodec_encode_audio’:
libavcodec/utils.c:544: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘avctx->codec->encode’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/utils.c: In function ‘avcodec_encode_video’:
libavcodec/utils.c:561: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘avctx->codec->encode’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/utils.c: In function ‘avcodec_encode_subtitle’:
libavcodec/utils.c:580: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘avctx->codec->encode’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/utils.c: In function ‘avcodec_decode_video’:
libavcodec/utils.c:592: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/utils.c: In function ‘avcodec_decode_audio2’:
libavcodec/utils.c:631: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/utils.c: In function ‘avcodec_decode_subtitle’:
libavcodec/utils.c:672: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
libavcodec/utils.c: In function ‘av_parse_video_frame_size’:
libavcodec/utils.c:1179: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libavcodec/v210dec.o
libavcodec/v210dec.c: In function ‘decode_frame’:
libavcodec/v210dec.c:79: warning: ‘val’ may be used uninitialized in this function
CC	libavcodec/v210enc.o
libavcodec/v210enc.c: In function ‘encode_frame’:
libavcodec/v210enc.c:78: warning: ‘val’ may be used uninitialized in this function
CC	libavcodec/v210x.o
CC	libavcodec/vb.o
CC	libavcodec/vc1.o
CC	libavcodec/vc1_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/vc1data.o
CC	libavcodec/vc1dec.o
CC	libavcodec/vc1dsp.o
CC	libavcodec/vcr1.o
CC	libavcodec/vmdav.o
CC	libavcodec/vmnc.o
CC	libavcodec/vorbis.o
CC	libavcodec/vorbis_data.o
CC	libavcodec/vorbis_dec.o
CC	libavcodec/vp3.o
libavcodec/vorbis_dec.c: In function ‘vorbis_parse_setup_hdr_floors’:
libavcodec/vorbis_dec.c:576: warning: ‘book_idx’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/vp3.c: In function ‘vp3_decode_frame’:
libavcodec/vp3.c:623: warning: ‘motion_y[1]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/vp3.c:623: note: ‘motion_y[1]’ was declared here
libavcodec/vp3.c:623: warning: ‘motion_y[2]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/vp3.c:623: note: ‘motion_y[2]’ was declared here
libavcodec/vp3.c:623: warning: ‘motion_y[3]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/vp3.c:623: note: ‘motion_y[3]’ was declared here
libavcodec/vp3.c:622: warning: ‘motion_x[1]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/vp3.c:622: note: ‘motion_x[1]’ was declared here
libavcodec/vp3.c:622: warning: ‘motion_x[2]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/vp3.c:622: note: ‘motion_x[2]’ was declared here
libavcodec/vp3.c:622: warning: ‘motion_x[3]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
libavcodec/vp3.c:622: note: ‘motion_x[3]’ was declared here
CC	libavcodec/vp3_parser.o
CC	libavcodec/vp3dsp.o
CC	libavcodec/vp5.o
CC	libavcodec/vp56.o
CC	libavcodec/vp56data.o
CC	libavcodec/vp56dsp.o
CC	libavcodec/vp6.o
CC	libavcodec/vp6dsp.o
CC	libavcodec/vqavideo.o
CC	libavcodec/wavpack.o
CC	libavcodec/wma.o
CC	libavcodec/wmadec.o
CC	libavcodec/wmaenc.o
CC	libavcodec/wmaprodec.o
CC	libavcodec/wmavoice.o
libavcodec/wmavoice.c: In function ‘synth_block_fcb_acb’:
libavcodec/wmavoice.c:1346: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘av_memcpy_backptr’ from incompatible pointer type
libavcodec/wmavoice.c: In function ‘wmavoice_decode_packet’:
libavcodec/wmavoice.c:1905: warning: format ‘%lu’ expects type ‘long unsigned int’, but argument 5 has type ‘unsigned int’
CC	libavcodec/wmv2.o
CC	libavcodec/wmv2dec.o
CC	libavcodec/wmv2enc.o
CC	libavcodec/wnv1.o
CC	libavcodec/ws-snd1.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/cpuid.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/dnxhd_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/dsputilenc_mmx.o
YASM	libavcodec/x86/dsputil_yasm.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/fdct_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/fft.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/fft_3dn.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/fft_3dn2.o
YASM	libavcodec/x86/fft_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/fft_sse.o
YASM	libavcodec/x86/h264_deblock_sse2.o
YASM	libavcodec/x86/h264_idct_sse2.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/idct_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/idct_mmx_xvid.o
In file included from libavcodec/x86/idct_mmx.c:27:
libavcodec/x86/mmx.h:24:2: warning: #warning Everything in this header is deprecated, use plain __asm__()! New code using this header will be rejected.
CC	libavcodec/x86/idct_sse2_xvid.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/lpc_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/motion_est_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/mlpdsp.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/mpegvideo_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/simple_idct_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/snowdsp_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/vc1dsp_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/vp3dsp_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/vp3dsp_sse2.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/vp6dsp_mmx.o
CC	libavcodec/x86/vp6dsp_sse2.o
CC	libavcodec/xan.o
CC	libavcodec/xiph.o
libavcodec/xan.c: In function ‘xan_decode_frame’:
libavcodec/xan.c:364: warning: ‘AVPaletteControl’ is deprecated
CC	libavcodec/xl.o
CC	libavcodec/xsubdec.o
CC	libavcodec/xsubenc.o
CC	libavcodec/yop.o
CC	libavcodec/zmbv.o
CC	libavcodec/zmbvenc.o
libavcodec/zmbv.c: In function ‘decode_frame’:
libavcodec/zmbv.c:497: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
CC	libpostproc/postprocess.o
CC	libswscale/options.o
CC	libswscale/rgb2rgb.o
CC	libswscale/swscale.o
In file included from libswscale/swscale.c:1222:
libswscale/swscale_template.c: In function ‘yuv2yuv1_MMX2’:
libswscale/swscale_template.c:954: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
libswscale/swscale_template.c:954: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
libswscale/swscale_template.c: In function ‘yuv2packed2_MMX2’:
libswscale/swscale_template.c:1235: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
libswscale/swscale_template.c:1236: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
libswscale/swscale_template.c: In function ‘hyscale_fast_MMX2’:
libswscale/swscale_template.c:2260: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
libswscale/swscale_template.c: In function ‘hcscale_fast_MMX2’:
libswscale/swscale_template.c:2409: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
libswscale/swscale_template.c: In function ‘swScale_MMX2’:
libswscale/swscale_template.c:2764: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
libswscale/swscale_template.c:2770: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
libswscale/swscale_template.c:2777: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
libswscale/swscale_template.c: In function ‘sws_init_swScale_MMX2’:
libswscale/swscale_template.c:2965: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
libswscale/swscale_template.c:2980: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
libswscale/swscale_template.c:3025: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
CC	libswscale/utils.o
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c: In function ‘h264_h_loop_filter_luma_mmx2’:
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: can't find a register in class ‘GENERAL_REGS’ while reloading ‘asm’
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: can't find a register in class ‘GENERAL_REGS’ while reloading ‘asm’
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: ‘asm’ operand has impossible constraints
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: ‘asm’ operand has impossible constraints
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c:633: error: ‘asm’ operand has impossible constraints
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c:633: error: ‘asm’ operand has impossible constraints
libswscale/utils.c: In function ‘sws_getContext’:
libswscale/utils.c:975: warning: passing argument 5 of ‘initMMX2HScaler’ from incompatible pointer type
libswscale/utils.c:976: warning: passing argument 5 of ‘initMMX2HScaler’ from incompatible pointer type
make[5]: *** [libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.o] Error 1
make[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[5]: Leaving directory `/tmp/tmp.BzmZjWm2PL/gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg'
make[4]: *** [all-local] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/tmp.BzmZjWm2PL/gst-libs/ext'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/tmp.BzmZjWm2PL/gst-libs/ext'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/tmp.BzmZjWm2PL/gst-libs'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/tmp.BzmZjWm2PL'
make: *** [all] Error 2

[QUOTE=PauliusC;11630]Ignore the above, SLE11-SDK-SP2-Core, SLE11-SDK-SP2-Updates repos seem to have been enabled before, I confused them with a few SP1 repos (Pool and Updates). I also downloaded the 2 .ISO files from Novell and it still doesn’t build the rpm. In the terminal window, I’ve seen a number of warnings and several errors in the end. Here’s the end of the code:

[CODE]
[cut]
CC libswscale/utils.o
libavcodec/x86/h264dsp_mmx.c: In function ‘h264_h_loop_filter_luma_mmx2’:
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: can’t find a register in class ‘GENERAL_REGS’ while reloading ‘asm’
libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.c:727: error: can’t find a register in class ‘GENERAL_REGS’ while reloading ‘asm’
libswscale/utils.c: In function ‘sws_getContext’:
libswscale/utils.c:975: warning: passing argument 5 of ‘initMMX2HScaler’ from incompatible pointer type
libswscale/utils.c:976: warning: passing argument 5 of ‘initMMX2HScaler’ from incompatible pointer type
make[5]: *** [libavcodec/x86/dsputil_mmx.o] Error 1
make[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
make[5]: Leaving directory /tmp/tmp.BzmZjWm2PL/gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg' make[4]: *** [all-local] Error 2 make[4]: Leaving directory /tmp/tmp.BzmZjWm2PL/gst-libs/ext’
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory /tmp/tmp.BzmZjWm2PL/gst-libs/ext' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory /tmp/tmp.BzmZjWm2PL/gst-libs’
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/tmp.BzmZjWm2PL’
make: *** [all] Error 2

[/CODE][/QUOTE]
The script hasn’t even reached the point of trying to build the rpm, it’s still building the stuff that potentially goes in to the rpm. That’s gst-ffmpeg failing to build. Totem can’t find the decoders to play your file because they didn’t get built.

Did you check all the required dependency packages are installed?
Have you installed all outstanding updates?
What’s the output of

$ gcc --version

I see from previous posts you’re using 32bit. I’ve only tested this on 64bit, (and I’ve just re-tested it, everything builds fine) because I don’t have any 32bit installations. It’s possible there’s something different about building on 32bit.

[QUOTE=mikewillis;11634]The script hasn’t even reached the point of trying to build the rpm, it’s still building the stuff that potentially goes in to the rpm. That’s gst-ffmpeg failing to build. Totem can’t find the decoders to play your file because they didn’t get built.

Did you check all the required dependency packages are installed?
Have you installed all outstanding updates?
What’s the output of

$ gcc --version

I see from previous posts you’re using 32bit. I’ve only tested this on 64bit, (and I’ve just re-tested it, everything builds fine) because I don’t have any 32bit installations. It’s possible there’s something different about building on 32bit.[/QUOTE]

I had checked dependencies before starting to do anything and installed everything that was missing. Current output:

$ ./checkdependencies 
make is installed
libstdc++46-devel is installed
libstdc++-devel is installed
recode-devel is installed
patch is installed
libtool is installed
autoconf is installed
id3lib-devel is installed
DirectFB-devel is installed
SDL-devel is installed
check-devel is installed
gcc-c++ is installed
gtk-doc is installed
gtk2-devel is installed
libjack-devel is installed
ladspa-devel is installed
libdc1394-devel is installed
libdvdnav-devel is installed
libexempi-devel is installed
libexif-devel is installed
libglade2-devel is installed
libgsm-devel is installed
libiptcdata-devel is installed
libjasper-devel is installed
libmpcdec-devel is installed
libmusicbrainz-devel is installed
libofa-devel is installed
libpng-devel is installed
librsvg-devel is installed
libsndfile-devel is installed
libtheora-devel is installed
mjpegtools-devel is installed
libneon-devel is installed
libopenssl-devel is installed
python-devel is installed
schroedinger-devel is installed
sgml-skel is installed
translation-update-upstream is installed
libsidplay1-devel is installed
gstreamer-0_10-devel is installed
gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base-devel is installed
gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base-devel is installed
yasm is installed

All updates seem to be installed.

gcc version:

$ gcc --version
gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.3.4 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 152973]
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

You’re right, I’m using 32-bit indeed.

Thank you.

I’m using gcc 4.3.4 too. So the I can think of is that it’s something to do with 32bit.

In the build script find the lines

[CODE]if [[ “$(uname -i)” = “x86_64” ]];then

without this errors occur relating to liba52

export CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -fPIC"
fi[/CODE]
change them to

[CODE]# if [[ “$(uname -i)” = “x86_64” ]];then

fi

[/CODE]

And try again. If the build still fails then change those lines back again, install the package gcc46. Then run

$ export CC=gcc-4.6 $ ./build
and see what happens. If the build still fails, change the above mentioned lines back to having the # in front of everything except the export line, then run above two commands again.

[QUOTE=mikewillis;11637]I’m using gcc 4.3.4 too. So the I can think of is that it’s something to do with 32bit.

In the build script find the lines

[CODE]if [[ “$(uname -i)” = “x86_64” ]];then

fi[/CODE]
change them to

[CODE]# if [[ “$(uname -i)” = “x86_64” ]];then

fi

[/CODE]

And try again. If the build still fails then change those lines back again, install the package gcc46. Then run

$ export CC=gcc-4.6 $ ./build
and see what happens. If the build still fails, change the above mentioned lines back to having the # in front of everything except the export line, then run above two commands again.[/QUOTE]

None of the above worked. Was I supposed to write the export thing in terminal or in bash.bashrc.local?

I suppose I installed the correct gcc package:

$ rpm -qa | grep -i gcc
gcc-c++-4.3-62.198
libgcc46-4.6.1_20110701-0.13.9
gcc43-c++-4.3.4_20091019-0.22.17
gcc43-4.3.4_20091019-0.22.17
gcc46-4.6.1_20110701-0.13.9
gcc-4.3-62.198